Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Auditor to join our team in Houston, TX or Radnor, PA. In this role, you will be responsible for planning and leading internal audits, performing internal audit procedures, and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed. You will audit functional and operating units and focus on business and financial processes. You will also assist on the SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) Compliance implementation across Nouryon.
If you are passionate about playing a key role in helping ensure your company’s success by making sure internal controls are well designed and operating effectively, we would love to hear from you!
- Managing assigned internal audit projects to complete all planned projects as scheduled within the allotted time frame and budget.
- Leading internal audit project preparation and planning activities to target key risk areas and ensure the effective use of internal audit resources.
- Leading internal audit fieldwork for business process reviews and assessments including operational processes, financial reporting, internal controls and SOX walkthroughs and testing.
- Providing timely, clear, relevant, and actionable feedback, tailored to the specific business environment, regarding audit findings or opportunities for improvement.
- Drafting audit reports or other deliverables in a timely manner with minimal revisions required.
- Assisting in following-up on outstanding audit findings or SOX deficiencies.
- Supervising audit seniors and staff, guest auditors and external, co-sourced resources to ensure work is completed timely, accurately and adheres to department policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and contributing to the continuous improvement of the internal audit methodology, processes and department policies and procedures.
Education & Experience:
- Required 2+ years audit experience in public accounting and/or internal audit function in a large international company, including experience in leading audit projects/engagements.
- Required University degree preferably in economics, finance, accounting & audit and/or business administration; Masters Degree is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of accounting theory, internal control and auditing standards
- Knowledge and experience in COSO and SOX requirements
- Preferred but not required professional certifications such as: CPA, CIA, ACCA, CIMA, CISA or similar
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to process and analyze information and develop related action plans
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels and across the company
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, demonstrated report writing skills
- Dedicated team player, displaying active participation in team or project activities with dialogue, facilitation, feedback, and clarification
- Strong adherence to deadlines and budget constraints
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment and effectively managing multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work in diverse and international teams
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of other languages is a strong advantage.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time (domestic and foreign)