SAP Solution Architect (TM and SD modules)
Nouryon has an excellent opportunity for a Solutions Architect in Houston, TX.
We are a global specialist chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
- Supports demand management in the ideation phase and early stages of the IM projects
- Ensures solutions compatible with the existing (technical) architecture to ensure compliance with strategy, policy, guidelines, budget, and operational supportability
- Ensures quality and consistency with template design for deployments
- Monitors the market to gain knowledge and understanding of currently emerging technologies in own area of expertise
- Proactively seeks continuous business and service improvement opportunities (cost and performance)
- Influences others with regard to the role and relevance of Solution Architecture in the business
- Identifies opportunities to build cross-functional working relationships including external parties (Support organization/ External project consultants / application support team and other suppliers)
The Solution Architect-Transportation will be part of the Functional Domain M&S (Marketing and Sales). He/she will report into the Domain Lead M&S.
- Supports demand management in writing project charters and translation into detailed requirements – in line with the IPM project methodology
- Translates business requirements into solutions and/or solution directions
- Defines, agrees and communicates the roadmap for the applications in scope
- Reviews impact assessment and solution directions for Minor CR’s as provided by application management
- Executes Major CR’s and participates in multiple IM projects;
- Design, build and implement the solution
- Keeps IM documentation up-to-date for the business processes and applications in scope
- Ensure quality and consistency with template design for deployments – check of designs and Build
- Supports the testing and training activities for CR’s and in projects
- Contributes to and initiates continuous improvement activities
- Challenge: different possible solutions to solve a business requirement.
- Expectation: make clear fact-based recommendation and present it to the relevant stakeholders
- Challenge: same system issue is arising multiple times and is solved each time without further action
- Expectation: apply problem management / CI skills to identify root cause and initiate actions to remove root cause
- Challenge: maintain global template system landscape supporting multiple businesses / regions with different requirements
- Expectation: apply analytic and application solution skills and make clear fact-based recommendation and present it to the relevant stakeholders
- Master/Bachelor degree in business management, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study
- Professional with around 5-10 years of experience in the IT sector including 3-5 years in SAP Sales and Distribution/Logistics Execution implementation experience
- Experience in SAP SD/MM, Transportation, and experience in SAP implementation projects and programs
- Background: IT/Business Consulting
- Knowledge of the chemical/ manufacturing / process industry
- Broad knowledge and experience of architecture, technology platforms and business domains with relevant experience in the Order to Cash functional domain and integration to other functional areas / applications, EDI integrations.
- Experience in IT change management procedures
- Ability to rapidly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new trends and technologies, especially in the SAP ecosystem.
- Business process modelling and application architecture design (logical and physical) – frameworks (TOGAF), tools, technologies, methodologies
- Strong analytical skills over multiple domains to identify opportunities and solutions
- Solves problems using knowledge, experience and analysis of available information
- Ability to remain neutral toward technology, vendor and product choices, as well as to be more interested in results than in personal preferences
- Ability to balance the long-term (or “big-picture”) and short term implications of individual decisions
- Ability to see the whole picture (helicopter view) as well as being able to focus into the detail
- Dedicated to reach and maintain high quality standards
- Ability to influence internal and external parties and communicate clearly at different levels