Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Logistics Specialist II in Houston, TX.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and monitoring truck transportation for Nouryon, ensuring adherence to processes and compliance with Nouryon policies and procedures.
- Utilize SAP and TMS (BluJay 4S), to tender and trace truck activities and take appropriate action to resolve issues when necessary.
- Ensure all logistics activities are performed in keeping with logistics objectives and at the most optimal cost and customer service level
- Ensure timely planning, execution, and monitoring of all shipments to ensure customer service needs are met
- Act as an effective member of the modal team, build strong relationship, commit to growth within the role, and lead by example.
- Validate availability and secure transport mode capacity in alignment with expected volumes and forecasts
- Support implementation of process improvement and cost reduction measures to drive operational efficiency and service
- Maintain and monitor KPIs, identifying and implementing improvements where needed
- Manage relationships with plant operations, customer service, and planning
- Communicate performance updates to rail team lead, progress of improvement initiatives, and challenges to rail team lead on an ongoing, proactive basis
- Coordinate with logistics and business leaders to ensure that performance is aligned with organizational needs
- Coordinate with operations to develop forecasts of modal transportation volume
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance at all times
- Minimum 3-8 years’ experience in logistics / supply chain / customer service. Experience with chemical companies is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge and leadership experience in managing logistics activities
- Experience identifying and executing process improvement initiatives aimed at reducing cost and / or improving service level
- Experience with carrier relationship management and performance evaluations
- Strong understanding of the modal transport market
- Strong working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, truck carriers’ websites,) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university. Applicable work experience can be used in lieu of a degree.