The HSE Specialist role is located in our Lima, Ohio facility, at the Chelates Joint Venture Site (Fort Amanda Specialties). The FAS is a joint venture between BASF and Nouryon and a major producer of chelating agents that are used in a broad range of applications.
- Serve as a liaison for external and internal audits, inspections and agencies.
- Coordinate health, safety, environment and security training to educate employees about policies, practice and regulations/laws.
- Develop, implement, and administer corporate health and safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed and adhered to including recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Serve as Management Representative for ISO 14001 programs and all controlled documents that pertain to environmental issues and chemical storage issues; including reports, forms, manifests, waste profiles, analytical and training records.
- Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advise departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provide departments with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Coordinate the corporate safety program including monthly safety committee meetings, general awareness, emergency response drills, OSHA compliance and other regulatory compliance.
- Participate in emergency response plans and activities for site and emergency response team
- Associate’s Degree in Environmental Science complimented by 3+ years experience or a combination of training and experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in own specialized field built on an understanding of the theoretical concepts and principles and their context
- Knowledge of codes / regulations, chemistry and emergency response is a requirement
- Previous experience in a manufacturing setting required.
- Knowledge of environmental codes, regulations, biology/chemistry, and emergency response.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate complex environmental issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with governmental agencies and plant personnel, with the ability to explain and convince internal parties about chosen solutions based on content-driven arguments; has contact with internal and/or external parties about issues in own (functional) / relevant discipline(s)
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting a safe work environment.