Nouryon is seeking an outstanding Production Manager in our Morris, IL location.
The Production Manager will be accountable for directing, controlling and coordinating the manufacture and shipment of sustainable amines and surfactants to meet all customer expectations safely while maintaining an environmentally sound plant. Responsibilities cover the Morris, IL site. This position is also responsible for organizing, planning, directing and controlling department functions involving personnel, production costs, capital investments, quality, and HSE&S performance. Also responsible for directing engineers in support of plant improvements and is a key member of the Site Leadership Team.
Essential Job Responsibilities :
- Direct manufacturing activities for over 16 production units to meet sales requirements while utilizing personnel and equipment safely and efficiently.
- Performs liaison responsibilities between the sales and marketing personnel then defines and implements production plans to meet forecasted sales volumes and inventory (OWC) objectives. Ensures that BU business objectives are aligned with and executed in the respective production units.
- Identify and implement solutions to mechanical, personnel, scheduling, analytical and technical problems within the department.
- Direct department related efforts for ISO quality systems and RC 14001 conformance.
- Develop annual safety and training plans for the production department and evaluate periodically to achieve plan. Responsible for leadership and successful implementation of HSE&S programs, including compliance with environmental permits, and HSE&S improvement projects.
- Analyze plant operations, plan and develop improvement programs to ensure safe operations, increase rates, improve yields, upgrade quality and ensure reliability of production units.
- Develop departmental budget and control costs to meet budget. Responsible for monitoring and controlling of direct and indirect operating costs, variable operating costs (yields and efficiencies), capital investments and related non-capital expenditures.
Health, Safety, Security & Environmental Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees. Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understand and implement any parts of the Morris Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
- Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
Quality Specific Responsibilities:
- Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
- Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
- Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
- Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10 + years in production experience in chemical plant, with 2-4 years previous supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of operating procedures and chemical reactions
- Good people management skills
- Capable of identifying best practices
- Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, hard hat and safety glasses and be able to go into plant environment
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English