- Under the direction of the supervisor, fulfill all functions related to maintenance of the plant within the framework of approved policies and procedures.
- Maintain flexibility and willingness to take on new roles and responsibilities as requested to support management objectives
Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out all activities relating to the maintenance of production equipment, buildings, and other facilities of the plant. Carry out preventive maintenance activities. Make emergency repairs and other tasks as requested.
- Carry out work in a safe manner. Apply the prevention measures prescribed. Correct and report without delay all potentially dangerous situations on the plant-site.
- Make necessary adjustments on equipment according to the instructions of the maintenance supervisor. Consider the possible causes of defects and damages and report findings.
- Carry out work in order to maintain the standards of quality of parts or repairs as well as safety standards. Report any abnormal situations and take emergency measures required.
- Cooperate with the production technicians, engineers, and other technicians to detect situations to be studied to prevent equipment stoppage/failure, to solve technical problems, and to reduce the cost of unexpected shutdowns.
- Accurately fill out the appropriate forms to communicate the information gathered.
- Responsible for the maintenance and good order of the tools and equipment used.
- Communicate with supervisor the highlights of daily activities along with advice and recommendations relating to the application of the rules and norms of the plant regarding quality, quantity, costs, environmental protection, cleanliness of the work site, work methods, etc.
- Participate in meetings with supervisor and plant management. Communicate ideas and suggestions to improve maintenance procedures, work methods, safety and health, working conditions, etc.
- Encouraged to maintain any electrical license and/or other professional licenses you may have acquired.
- Specific duties include working in the following areas:
- Critical and non-critical instrument calibration
- Motor and motor control maintenance
- Preventive maintenance
- Field instrument calibration/repair
- Power Distribution (high/low voltage)
- Utility power maintenance
- Distributive Control System
- Local Area Network (LAN)
- General Labor
- Fiber glassing
- Piping layout/installation
- Vibration analysis
- Work with the maintenance supervisor to fill out purchase requisitions for parts needed for specific jobs, maintain the parts in the planning trailer secured by lock, and attach the work order number to the parts needed for that specific job.
- Work with the maintenance supervisor to schedule work orders to meet production requirements. Return all completed work orders to the maintenance supervisor on a timely basis.
- Work with the maintenance supervisor to plan jobs according to work order needs to include appropriation of required materials and manpower. Inform the maintenance supervisor and work colleagues of any unforeseen safety situations pertaining to the job.
- Oversee shop clean up efforts as necessary.
- Attend meetings and training sessions as required. Some of these events will not be possible to be scheduled during the normally scheduled working hours.
- Personally maintain a positive and professional work environment. This includes personnel relations, maintaining proper communications, and supporting management objectives.
- Provide on-call coverage as assigned by Maintenance Supervisor.
- Overtime will sometimes be required in order to meet plant operations.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; and four years related experience and/or training in their area of primary specific responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- State of Washington Electrician’s License (for electricians only)
- Washington Driver’s License
- Ability to operate and use personal computers with reasonable entry capabilities for current authorized company software packages, including: using email, time card entry, work order generation, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The hiring salary range for this position ranges from $52,400 - $74,900, although individuals may eventually progress through the pay scale in this role up to $97,400. Actual compensation will be dependent upon the specific role as well as the individuals’ qualifications, experience, skills, and certifications.
Hired applicant will be eligible to receive annual bonuses.
Employees (and their families) will be eligible for coverage for medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive (eight hours of vacation leave every month) and (twelve) paid holidays throughout the calendar year.