Job Context (the Nature & Scope of the Business)
The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides.
- Recommend and implement changes to mechanical equipment to improve operability, reduce downtime and increase throughput.
- Help develop and implement preventive and predictive maintenance activities.
- Develop equipment specifications.
- Develop projects to upgrade existing equipment and processes, and justify expenditures to the plant and group management.
- Typical maintenance work would be investigating equipment failures, sizing pumps, upgrading equipment, increasing equipment reliability and installing new equipment.
- Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
- Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
3. Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
4. Understand and implement any parts of the Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
5. Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
QUALITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
2. Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
3. Be familiar with sitewide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
4. Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
Job Requirement / Candidate profile
Theoretical qualifications and practical experience and essential functions
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 3-5 years of engineering experience in a chemical plant environment
- Able to read, write and communicate in English
- Abe to wear respirator if needed
- Must be able to work in plant environment
- Must be able to wear safety shoes, safety glasses and hard hat
- Experience in instrument and electrical area will be a plus