Nouryon is your partner in essential chemistry for a sustainable future. As a global specialty chemicals leader, markets and consumers worldwide rely on our essential solutions to manufacture everyday products, such as personal care, cleaning goods, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Furthermore, the dedication of approximately 8000 employees with a shared commitment to our customers, business growth, safety, sustainability and innovation has resulted in a consistently strong financial performance. We operate in over 80 countries around the world with a portfolio of industry-leading brands.
The Director, Performance Formulations and Americas is responsible for creating and executing the communication strategies for the Performance Formulations (PF) segment and Americas region. Taking the company’s growth strategy as a starting point, this position collaborates with global team members and (senior) executives to identify key reputational and internal engagement opportunities and potential threats, develops and executes external and internal communications plans accordingly. The Communications Functional Goal
The Communications Functional
Goal is to support Nouryon’s leading position in specialty chemicals by growing our brand and protecting our reputation as an innovative and sustainable leader in the industry and by engaging and equipping our leaders and employees to build a growth culture that attracts and retains talent.
The Communications Strategic Objectives:
1. GROW our brand as a supplier of choice, first-rate employer, and strong investment opportunity.
2. ENGAGE AND EQUIP our leaders and employees by equipping leaders in communicating quickly, accurately, and transparently with employees.
3. PROTECT our reputation as a global specialty chemicals leader and responsible community partner that leads with ethics, integrity, and a deep commitment to sustainability.
In this role you will make an important contribution to the execution of the business strategy and the success of Nouryon by:
1. GROWING our brand in as a supplier of choice and first-rate employer
a. Build trust among key external stakeholders through the distribution of flawless communications including press releases, interviews, website feature stories, and social media.
b. Serve as a spokesperson and media relations expert by responding to local, regional, and business media requests, coordinating interviews with appropriate spokespeople, and building strong relationships with local and trade journalists.
c. Contribute to continuous improvement of Nouryon.com with providing and validating Performance Formulations and Americas content – always with the customer, candidate, and stakeholder experience at the heart.
d. Contribute to growing our Corporate LinkedIn followers and engagement while developing fresh and relevant regional and Performance Formulations content.
e. Support regional functions (such as HR, Legal and ISC) with review of content and messaging as needed, including supporting HR with the employer brand in the Americas.
2. ENGAGING AND EQUIPING our PF and Americas leaders and employees in communicating quickly, accurately, and transparently with employees.
a. Develop and implement the PF and Americas communications plan to position, enhance and strengthen the Nouryon brand and reputation in the Americas region.
b. Implement global company programs and campaigns to PF and the Americas region.
c. Equip the EVP, Performance Formulations & President Americas, PF leadership team and local leadership by providing strategic messaging and channel advice, creating content for, for examples town halls, and moderation events.
3. PROTECTING our reputation as a global specialty chemicals leader and responsible community partner that leads with ethics, integrity, and a deep commitment to sustainability.
a. Supporting crisis communications training (with external agency)
b. Providing 24/7 emergency communications support for Performance Formulations and / or region related issues/crisis, which includes writing collateral that includes, but is not limited to holding statements, Q&As, internal communications, and aligning with all relevant stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree with 8+ years of experience in communications, public relations, or a related field. A strong B2B and chemicals background a plus.
• Proactive communicator with strong understanding of global business strategy and execution and able to translate business priorities to communications plans.
• Proven broad functional expertise in both internal and external communications.
• Crises and issues management experience with a proven background leading the media response component of major incidents and issues.
• Demonstrated ability to counsel senior executives and build strong working relationships with global and regional corporate and business leaders.
• Strong ability to develop and tell the Performance Formulations story, aligned to and in support of the global Nouryon story.
• Team player with an open and energetic can-do attitude. Ability to shift between tasks and responsibilities, as well as an independent work nature.
• Able to perform in a demanding business environment.
• Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.