This position performs both corrective and preventive maintenance tasks for process and utility equipment (pressure vessels, tanks, agitators, pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc.), including mechanical and electrical troubleshooting, and pipe welding.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work safely in chemical plant environment, including permit to work and other permit; LOTOTO, confined space, hot work, line breaking, crane, energized, excavation and working at heights procedures and paperwork.
- Ability to perform general routine preventive and demand maintenance tasks.
- Ability to utilize Preventive Maintenance Software for entering and closing demand and preventive maintenance work orders.
- Prefer Welding tasks include GTA (TIG) welding of Hastelloy C-276, 316 stainless steel, and 304 stainless steel; stick welding of steel piping, plate, angle; and fitting of threaded and welded piping.
- Experience with basic shop equipment, plasma cutter, grinders, pipe threaders drill press, band saw, etc.
- Prefer experience with predictive maintenance tools: laser alignment, vibration, ultrasonic, infrared, etc.
- Prefer experience with centrifugal pumps, positive pressure pumps, valves, piping, agitators, etc.
- Prefer 2-year industrial maintenance degree.
- Utility systems maintenance tasks include boiler inspections, water testing, and compressor maintenance.
- Electrical and instrumentation tasks include motor replacement, wiring and conduit runs, fuse replacement, multi-meter use.
- Exemplary safety performance and attitude. Ability to work with little supervision. Ability to handle continual change and to work independently.
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
- Must be capable to wear full face respirator and SCBA for special maintenance activities as needed.
- Team members should operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Office, lab, and production environment.