At Nouryon, our global team of Changemakers takes positive action every day, to reach higher collectively and individually. We create innovative and sustainable solutions for our customers to answer society’s needs – today and in the future.
About the job
We are looking for a Mechanic who will perform both corrective and preventative maintenance tasks for process and utility equipment (pressure vessels, tanks, agitators, pumps, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, air compressors, etc.) including mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and pipe welding.
In your future role as a Maintenance Mechanic Technician you will:
- Work safely in chemical plant environment, including permit to work and other permit; LOTOTO, confined space, hot work, line breaking, crane, energized, excavation, and working at heights procedures and paperwork
- Ability to perform general routine preventative and demand maintenance tasks
- Ability to utilize Preventative Maintenance Software for entering and closing demand and preventative work orders
- Experience with centrifugal pumps, positive pressure pumps, valves, piping, agitators, etc.
- Exemplary safety performance and attitude. Ability to work with little supervision. Ability to handle continual change and to work independently
- Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan
- Must be capable to wear a full face respirator and SCBA for special maintenance activities as needed
- Operate under any applicable Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) when performing functions within their role
Great if you have
- Welding skills, tasks include GTA (TIG) welding of Hastelloy C-276, 316 stainless steel, and 304 stainless steel; stick welding and steel piping, plate, angle; and fitting of threaded and welded piping
- Electrical and Instrumentation experience, tasks include motor replacement, wiring and conduit runs, fuse replacement, multi-meter use
We believe you bring
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from 2-year college or technical school and two years related experience and/or training in their area of primary specific responsibility; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to do basic math calculations
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and basic computer skills
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented environment
We offer you
A place to grow your career and learn more. Employees (and their families) will be eligible for coverage for medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance and paid sick and paid parental leave. Employees can enroll in our company’s 401k plan. Employees will also receive (eight hours of vacation leave every month) and (twelve) paid holidays throughout the calendar year.
Good to know
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor at the Salisbury, NC. site.
Please apply via our online recruitment system. We will not accept applications via e-mail. Once it's with us we will review to see if we have a match between your skills and the role! For more information about our hiring process, visit: nouryon.com/careers/how-we-hire/
We look forward to receiving your application!
We kindly ask our internal candidates to apply with your Nouryon email via Success Factors.
If you’re looking for your next career move, apply today and join Nouryon’s worldwide team of Changemakers in providing essential solutions that our customers use to manufacture everyday products such as personal care, cleaning, paints and coatings, agriculture and food, pharmaceuticals, and building products. Our employees are driven by the wish to make an impact and actively drive positive change. If that describes you, we will gladly make way for your ambitions. From day one we support you with your personal growth, through challenging positions and comprehensive learning and development opportunities, in a dynamic, international, diverse, and proactive working environment.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or staffing companies.