This position is responsible for routine testing of in-process material and raw materials. Also, this position provides adjustments on production batches. Good housekeeping duties that result in a safe laboratory and maintenance of lab equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Operates, maintains, calibrates, and troubleshoots complex analytical instrumentation.
· Able to use written test methodology to set-up and operate new or ancillary instrumentation.
· Perform routine analysis to support production and development labs in a timely and reliable manner.
· Supports any activity to ensure compliance to the quality management system regulations (e.g. ISO 9001 and EFfCI - GMP) and HSES management system regulations (e.g. RC14001 & PSM).
· Interprets analytical data, with the ability to recognize the difference between normal and abnormal results. Makes appropriate recommendations, suggestions for improvement, or takes appropriate corrective actions based on analytical data and sound judgment.
· Documents and archives analytical results and related key information in notebooks, documents, SAP, and MES.
· Provides clear, accurate and concise verbal and written communication.
· Provides technical guidance and leadership to others in production or the lab as required.
· Effectively completes all tasks with a minimum of supervision.
· Conducts Safe Behavior Audits along with additional site safety activities.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Participate in HSES activities directed by management/supervision or as indicated in the HSES Annual Site Plan.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school graduate or GED with strong math skills. Associate or Bachelors degree in a laboratory science or at least two years of analytical laboratory experience preferred.
· A team player with the ability to cover for analyst on vacation or out due to illness.
· Knowledge of a variety of analytical instruments such as viscometers, GC, spectrometers, pH meters, and titrators.
· Experience and familiarity with computers (E-mail, word-processing, spreadsheets, analytical instrument control systems, SAP, etc.) Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Ability to manage and organize personal time in order to efficiently perform all required duties.
· Sufficient knowledge of chemical properties, understanding of scientific principles, familiarity with potential hazards, and laboratory expertise to be able to perform all laboratory activities in a safe and effective manner.
· Laboratory · 12 hour rotating shift (days and nights)
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
*Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all resp