Manage the safety and security programs on site to be compliant with all corporate standards and guidelines and federal and state regulations. Ensure compliance with all Responsible Care guidelines. Interact with all functional groups on and off site.
- Guide site management to develop and ensure implementation of safety and security policies, year plan and (best) practices in line with corporate objectives, guidelines, (business) plans and strategy, in order to ensure the realization of (strategic) objectives of the site.
- Manage plant’s Safety Management Systems that provide policies and procedures for employees
- Along with site management, act as change agent for the safety culture and continuous improvement and role model for ensuring compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI, or other safety compliance standards as applicable.
- Serves as a liaison for external and internal audits, inspections and agencies.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed and adhered to including recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advise departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provide departments with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Manage plant security to meet Responsible Care guidelines and Federal regulations.
- Interact with internal and external groups to integrate plant programs with other facilities and agencies and to put in place ‘best practices’
- Understands and helps implement the BU HSES / Responsible Care Policy and related objectives.
- Aware of potential environmental, health, safety and security impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Understands and implements any parts of the Morris Environmental Compliance Plans, Waste Management Plans and Emergency Response Plan that applies to area of responsibility.
- Participates in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
- Participates in the site’s HSE&S processes and training activities.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all state, federal, and local regulations and complies with Nouryon’s standards and directives
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience
- Thorough knowledge of chemical plant operations
- Extensive knowledge of regulations, Process Safety Management, and emergency response.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
Is able to explain and convince internal parties about chosen solutions based on content-driven arguments; has contact with internal and/or external parties about issues in own (functional) / relevant discipline(s)
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with governmental agencies (OSHA, DHS, etc) and plant personnel.
- Ability to function as a member of the plant leadership team
- Knowledge or ability to learn rules and regulations relative to safety and security and translate them into plant policies/procedures.