The QA/QC Supervisor is responsible for delegating, performing, and reporting lab programs or projects. This position is authorized to make recommendations for routine process / product adjustments based on quality test results. This position is also authorized to approve lab supply purchases and internal / external maintenance and repairs within agreed budget limits.
- Supervise the day to day operation of the QA/QC lab of the Morris manufacturing site
- As site chemist provides strong chemical reaction guidance and recommendations for process improvements and remedial actions for out of tolerances
- Support Customer Complaint investigations and corrective action planning
- Master SAP user creating, editing and troubleshooting relevant SAP QM infrastructure.
- Fill in for Lab Technicians or Assistant Chemist as needed and run QC analyses on samples (up to 50% of time)
- Cost control of Morris Lab expenditures; develop and realize cost saving initiatives
- Initiate and manage continuous improvement projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the lab
- Direct the Assistant Chemist in the maintenance of the site IH Monitoring and SDS programs
- Direct and maintain environmental monitoring and waste control for the Lab
- Direct Assistant Chemist to develop and maintain QC Lab instrument calibration matrix and train QC technicians in instrument operations and basic troubleshooting skills.
- Maintain the training and performance evaluations of Lab personnel
- Participate as a site ISO internal auditor
- Maintain the QC technicians schedule
- Ensure COA are accurate prior to shipments
- Maintain and update Standard Operating Procedures and Analytical Methods for the QC/QA laboratory
- Attend daily operations meeting to understand schedule priority to ensure resources are in place to support operations
- Point of contact for samples to be shipped off site to R&D or customers
- Enter PR and GR for temporary QC tech labor
B.S. Chemistry or related field.
Strong Amine Chemistry and associated reaction chemistry background in an industrial environment.
Establish periodic R&R analysis, statistically determine QC performance capability, and implement improvement matrix as needed.
Experience: 5+ years of quality service QA/QC or R&D (M.S. may substitute for some experience)
Software Proficiency: MS Office 365, SAP, Minitab
Performance skills: Communication, teamwork, organizational/planning, analytical expertise, innovative thinking, productivity, and self-development
Experience with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies is preferred