Primary Purpose of the job:
- Translate the global business line strategy into regional objectives and activities, and follow up progress by means of leading indicators, and therewith contribute to the FG20 growth objective.
- Be accountable for executing the plan and for achieving the business objectives in terms of profitable growth, short and long term.
- Lead and develop the regional sales team to meet market needs and exceed customer expectations and to be fully complaints with company directives and Code of Conduct.
- Contribute to the development of the global Expancel business as a member of the Expancel Management Team
- Manage the customer base which includes both regular accounts, existing large strategic key accounts, and accounts with high potential for future business as well as distributors. This entails managing volume growth and margin growth
- Consolidates the regional demand and provide input to the IBP process to make sure both short- and long-term product demand for the region is met.
- Being an active member of the Global Expancel Business Team
- Derives regional strategic growth plans that enable a profitable growth in Asia in line with the global business strategy and in accordance with market and pricing directives from Global Marketing
- Drives the execution of the business plan by establishing long- and short-term objectives for the business to meet the growth targets in Asia
- Follows up the regional sales activities, trends, and results on monthly bases and reports to VP Expancel according to TS governance schedule.
- Manages the budget- and LV process and accurate demand forecasting for the Expancel business in Asia, being part of the demand review process (DRP) in the IBP cycle.
- Ensures retention of existing customers as well as growing the customer base via a strong prospect pipeline and excellent customer relationships, by travelling in the market place >50%
- Works actively with customer satisfaction to meet customer needs and exceeds customer expectations.
- Leads contract negotiations on commercial terms for sales of Expancel products, and is accountable for commercial contracts and transactions to follow company directives
- Drives the embedding and continuously improvement of the Commercial Excellence tools and processes in the regional sales team.
- Leading, developing and growing an engaged commercial team and guiding them in understanding and assessing market development, customers’ needs, business objectives and strategies to build value propositions. The team includes account managers, customer service, marketing and business development.
- Establishes and nurtures senior-level relationships with key decision makers in the current and targeted customer base, but also with relevant industry stakeholders
- Works closely with key functions such as Marketing R&D, ISC, Finance, and Legal to realize business goals.
- Leads by example, in line with Nouryon’s, values and Corporate Directives and ensure that business in the region is conducted accordingly.
- Participating in Expancel Global BI network by monitoring, analyzing and reporting regional market and competition movements to enable fact-based decision making with respect to the regional/global business strategy.
- Master´s Degree or equivalent in chemistry, chemical engineering, or business administration
- >10 years commercial experience, preferably from B2B industries
- Strong in managing performance with the ability to build, develop and lead a team, managing its performance and coaching for results.
- Skilled in identifying and validating business opportunities by understanding customer needs and translating them into a value proposition
- Strong ability to manage negotiating and closing deals including multi-level contact selling, and manage contracts
- Strategic insight and business understanding with the ability to comprehend market and competition landscape for several industries.
- Good understanding of supply chain and internal service processes
- Collaborative cross-functional team player
- Excellent communication skills, such as probing, listening and presenting
- Excellent language skills, oral and in writing, in local language(s) and English
- Strong ability in building and managing relationships
- Embodies passion with an open mindset and the ambition to drive for results, optimism.