The Surface Chemistry manufacturing site in Morris, IL has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate professional to assume the role of Maintenance Engineer. This position will lead, implement, and sustain the continuous improvement of maintenance policies and equipment/components for the Morris site. This position will also ensure that asset integrity standards are consistently met by driving the maintenance strategy process and monitor PM execution.
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Direct Reports: No direct reports
The Morris site primarily produces Fatty Amines which are used in many industries. Uses for the nitrogen derivatives include fabric softeners, oil field chemicals, asphalt emulsifiers, petroleum additives, mining, and others. This is a union site (landed non-union maintenance contract) with approximately 140 employees and the operation runs 24/7.
• Executing the process to establish equipment criticality; along the dimensions of rules and regulations, company standards and guidelines, OEE losses, quality impact and cost to repair.
• Establishing equipment maintenance strategy, satisfying the required degree of reliability,as part of the maintenance strategy process
• Ensuring maintenance policies are clearly described and documented, and translated into preventive maintenance work orders where applicable.
• Monitoring proper and timely execution of PM activities.
• Perform PM effectiveness checks and improve PM’s accordingly.
• Participating in Root Cause Problem Solving and translating maintenance related improvement in improved maintenance processes.
• Supporting Reliability engineer in systematically improving maintenance policies.
• Monitoring changes in rules and regulations and company standards that may impact Equipment Maintenance strategies and taking corrective action accordingly.
• Update equipment Bill of Materials (BOM) and task lists as necessary to improve equipment uptime.
• Troubleshooting on and systematic improvement of equipment and components.
• Ensure Maintenance strategies are documented, translated into PM orders in the CMMS system and executed properly.
• BS in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
• Minimum of 5 years in a manufacturing environment.
• Experience working in chemical manufacturing is desired.
• Minimum 3 years technical knowledge and experience in maintenance procedures and methods and familiarity with maintenance execution.
• Ability to provide people written information necessary to do their job correctly; ability to make relevant information known in a responsive and effective way.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with operations, technical, mechanical/electrical maintenance technicians.
• SAP PM experience is a plus.