Primary Purpose of the Job:
- Secure an optimized and stable supply of material and services to the manufacturing sites while maintaining a strong link and alignment with the other members of the regional NPR Procurement Leadership Team.
- Lead and develop a team of tactical NPR site buyers within the region to secure supply to the sites by applying risk mitigation methodology and monitor the supplier base.
- Act as the main point of contact for site General Managers and participate in site management meetings. Work with the tactical buying team and the regional NPR Management team to align on priorities and activities for the sites.
- Support team with escalated issues and work with the regional NPR management and stakeholders to resolve those with high speed and attention.
- Lead and coach the administrative and tactical buying team to facilitate and support development activities within the region.
- Plan, support and staff CapEx projects below <1 MEUR and secure timely implementation of medium and large sized projects together with tactical buying team.
- Manage the team of procurement administrators whom will support both the PR and NPR contract and vendor data and related administrative activities in the procurement systems.
- Together with teams, continuously seek opportunities to lower cost and spending while working closely with key stakeholders at the sites and support implementation of the regional category strategies.
- Be the main interface and first point of escalation to the site general managers across the region and help drive standardization in products, services and processes across sites and BUs.
- Secure availability and quality in the local procurement support to all manufacturing sites, offices and labs and actively engage with stakeholder to understand the needs and business requirements and how those can be used to improve and develop procurement support at the sites.
- Bring the day to day operational perspectives into the regional NPR procurement management team and secure that the operational and long term needs of the sites are reflected in the regional procurement strategy.
- Keep the team engaged, motivated and support individual competence development through on the job training, active performance management and other available learning and development tools.
- Implement and drive best practice in sourcing of CapEx investments <1 MEUR and secure early involvement of procurement in the projects. Actively work to embed a strong focus on TCO within the organization to bring value beyond the initial purchase.
- Align and collaborate with the Capex Procurement Project Managers to secure timely and reliable implementation of mid and large Capex Projects and feedback supplier performance and contract compliance to the category managers regularly.
- Support the strategic objectives and targets or the NPR procurement organization and work in accordance with the supplier management strategy set by the regional category managers and be the ambassador for supplier and contract compliance at the sites.
- Member of Site Management Team(s)
- Member of the regional NPR Procurement Team
- Support all BUs within the region
Education: • Bachelor or Master Degree in a business related area
Skills & Competencies:
- Good negotiating skills and ability engage and motivate people
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Strong people manager skills with the ability to lead people remotely
- Experience of change management and processes
- Good organizing skills and ability to prioritize between tasks
- Capability to build strong relationship internally and externally
- Highly effective in stakeholder management and influencing skills
- Analytical mind set and problem solving skills with the ability to communicate a concise and efficient manner.
- Proficient with MS Office: SAP/Ariba, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Minimum 7 years procurement experience, preferably in chemical or other similar industry
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience
Language Skills: Fluent in English. Additional languages are an asset.
Travel: Occasional to regular