Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
We have long been an industry leader in innovation and sustainability and our commitment remains unchanged going forward. We take pride in improving our environmental impact and maximizing our positive societal impact. We see it not just as the right thing to do, but as a true business opportunity that delivers value to everyone involved.
At our RD&I and Technology department we have a challenging position available for a Director Industry 4.0 to lead the Industry 4.0 program. We have high ambitions to further automate our production plants in the area of process control maintenance and inspection. We are heading for Factories of the Future at an accelerated pace. In this role you will be supported by five direct reports and an innovation budget. You will report to the BU Director RD&I and Technology. You are working on developing and the first implementation of innovations at the intersection of IT, R&D and Supply Chain.
To successfully execute the job, you:
• Have a Master diploma or PhD in Chemical Engineering, Process Technology or similar
• Bring a wealth of experience obtained in the manufacturing environment. You have deep insights in areas such as operations, maintenance, technology and engineering
• Have been involved in new technologies, such as the factory of the future, smart maintenance, smart equipment, big data etc.
• Bring at least 7 years of experience in the chemical -, automotive - or equipment industry
• Ideally have consultancy experience in the area of IT strategy
• Have a proven track record of implementing innovations
• Have experience in working with startups and universities to develop and implement new capabilities
• Are able to build bridges between researchers, engineers and IT/data experts
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary (depending on experience and competencies between EUR 100.000 and 140.000), 30 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
If you have questions on the role, please contact Marco Waas, BU Director RD&I and Technology on +31 (0)88 969 6642. For information on the recruitment process, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.