The Logistics Specialist II is responsible for completion of daily logistics activities including shipment planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting for specific modes of transport in alignment with cost and service targets. This position will be located in our office in the Energy Corridor in Houston, TX.
- Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring for their transportation modes according to defined processes.
- Conduct transportation planning activities including capacity planning, shipment and fleet planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building.
- Conduct transportation booking activities.
- Complete shipping documentation and coordinate with site logistics to execute shipments and gather necessary documentation.
- Monitor shipments and resolve exceptions as they arise.
- Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance.
- Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing.
- Develop performance reports for review with their Logistics Team Lead.
- Maintain relationships with logistics providers, supporting their Logistics Team Lead.
- Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with their Logistics Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions.
- Support acquisition of transport capacity including spot booking .
- Support process improvement efforts as directed by their Logistics Team Lead.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance at all times.
- Minimum 2 years experience in logistics / supply chain. Experience with chemical companies is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performing logistics activities.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution.
- Experience with carrier relationship management and performance evaluations
- Analytical skills and abilities.
- Ability to use data to support decision making and develop solutions to present to leaders.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization, including global team members and third parties.
- Ability to support process improvement initiatives while balancing daily responsibilities.
- Understanding of the transport market.
- Able to work with some supervision.
- Strong working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word).
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university preferred
(alternately greater logistics work experience ~ 5+ years).