The Logistics International Specialist II is responsible for completion of daily end to end international shipment activities for the region. This position will be located in the Energy Corridor in Houston, TX.
- Perform all transportation planning, executing, and monitoring including reporting and import / export documentation for international shipments according to defined processes.
- Conduct transportation planning activities including capacity planning, shipment and fleet planning, carrier selection, routing, scheduling, tendering, and load building.
- Conduct transportation booking activities.
- Complete and review shipping and customs documentation and coordinate with site logistics to execute shipments and gather necessary documentation.
- Monitor shipments and customs clearance status and resolve shipment exceptions and customs clearance complications as they arise.
- Track and monitor logistics provider, customer, and organization logistics KPIs and cost performance.
- Address inconsistencies and deviations in requests and documentation with suppliers and Business Units.
- Support freight cost payment, management, and invoicing.
- Process supplier requests for payments prior to import.
- Check invoices and reimbursements and request payment of invoices and reimbursements.
- Compile inputs and analyze drawback forecasts and feasibility studies; record drawback savings and generate savings reports.
- Develop performance reports for review with Team Lead.
- Maintain relationships with logistics providers and government agencies and support Team Lead in conducting performance reviews.
- Identify frequency and cause of service failures and work with Team Lead to develop plans to identify solutions.
- Support acquisition of transport mode capacity including spot booking.
- Support process improvement efforts as directed by the Team Lead.
- Lead and model Nouryon Values to include driving code of conduct compliance at all times.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in logistics / supply chain. Experience with chemical companies is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge in performing international logistics activities.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and quickly develop a solution.
- Experience with carrier and custom broker relationship management.
- Analytical skills and abilities.
- Ability to use data to support decision making and develop solutions to present to leaders.
- Good communication skills and ability to communicate with various levels and functions within the organization, including global team members and third parties.
- Ability to support process improvement initiatives while balancing daily responsibilities.
- Understanding of the modal transport market.
- Able to work with some supervision.
- Strong working knowledge and history of using computers and programs specific to logistics (SAP, TMS, WMS) and to general business management (MS Excel, Word).
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) in Operations Research, Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field from 4-year accredited college or university preferred
(alternately greater logistics work experience ~ 5+ years).