The NAGRP drives the fast-paced development of early career talent and has the goal of producing the future leaders of Nouryon. During this three-year rotational program, participants will have diverse, high-impact assignments lasting 12 months each, with the possibility of relocating as many as three times. Throughout the program, leadership & functional training, team collaboration sessions, mentoring, and exposure to senior business leaders will be frequent. NAGRP graduates are highly sought after to fill key leadership positions immediately off-program, and through the network and reputation built during rotations, the opportunities for each candidate can span the globe in many business functions.
Typical rotational assignments will be some combination of: Process Engineer, CI/Project Engineer or Other (Supply Chain, Quality Engineer etc.).
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Process Engineer: Identify and drive to completion any programs, projects and studies to improve safety and environmental performance, improve product quality, increase capacity, improve reliability, reduce cost, and optimize the overall plant performance.
- Develop operating procedures in support of new processes or modifications.
- Develop and implement process control projects, studies and evaluations.
- Conduct, document and resolve findings from hazard operability and hazard analysis.
- Work closely with the operations and reliability teams to provide technical and troubleshooting support.
- CI/Project Engineer: Support the site leadership in improvement project idea generation, project chartering, action planning and implementation by managing small to medium sized projects from inception through start-up.
- Develop and implement capital procedures and processes and manage project spending that provide for accurate capital budgeting and execution that meets plant needs.
- Support maintenance reliability improvements and cost reduction efforts as requested.
- Ensure continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other tools.
- Other (Supply Chain, Quality Engineer etc.): Work independently on special nonrecurring and ongoing special projects. Under general direction, act as project coordinator for special projects at the request of senior leadership.
- Supply Chain- Responsible for the daily planning/scheduling of the site chemical units. Responsible to drive service, inventory, and change over targets for the appropriate SKUs. Will work on various other projects in the site supply chain as necessary to gain a broader exposure to the supply chain function.
- Quality Engineer- Toller input of quality test results in SAP for creation of certificate of analysis with each shipment, periodic review of toller statistical process capabilities for improvement planning, and reduced burden on Nouryon site Quality Control personnel to validate toller product quality.
Requirements for the Position:
- Education: Chemical Engineer or Mechanical Engineer
- GPA- 3.0 or higher
- Able to work in chemical plant environment
- Ability and desire to relocate as needed
- Internships/Co-ops working in a chemical or manufacturing environment a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively and to communicate across all levels of the organization is key.
- Strong work ethic and good organizational skills; the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and use time effectively to accomplish tasks. The ability to manage work from a variety of sources and respond in a timely way to all is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and work productively with others in a team environment.
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and other database experience
Augusta, GA - Green Bay, WI - Deer Park, TX - Axis, AL Lima, OH
Chicago, IL - Marietta, GA - Columbus, MS - Morris, IL - Chattanooga, TN
Fort Worth, TX - Moses Lake, WA - Houston, TX - Pasadena, TX - Salisbury, NC