Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Regional Sales Account Manager for Sulfur Derivatives.
The North American Regional Sales / Product Manager is responsible for the regional sales and marketing for dedicated product segments.
This role is responsible for delivering the contribution margin and leading sales initiatives in the region for the dedicated product including price notifications and increases, new product or service introductions, forecasting, complaint management and response, managing product/customer requirements with technology services, margin management - and product allocation if needed for the product segment in allocated region plus coordination with other regions with same supply source.
- Translate the global and/or regional plan to product level and execute the regional product strategy
- Deliver on customer/market segmentation strategy, value proposition and deliver -to-market
- channel management for a product segment
- Implement effective margin management
- Ensure product stewardship from commercial perspective and coordinate with technical/regulatory departments to meet customer needs
- Manage regional product allocation when needed
- Transform insight and opportunities from market, competition and industry trends and detailed understanding of the value chain into concepts to enhance customer satisfaction and loyalty. Includes maintaining list of competitive alternatives
- Determine and Execute pricing strategy including margin management and
- competitor pricing analysis and the customer pricing process. Monitor overall
- pricing activities in the market including competitors to enable change recommendations
- Monitor the customer segmentation and service rules
- Follow up on overdues with customers and credit department
- Act as a role model and drive a safe behavior both individually and for colleagues
- Prepares, leads/participate in the negotiations of sales contracts for key accounts
- Achieve targeted sales objectives which includes the following activities: regular sales calls, technical consultation and recommendations, maintain regular contacts with customer service, purchasing, technology, research, plant, logistics and key personnel at accounts
- Keeps abreast of customers’ requirements, expectations and ensures that the business provides the value to customer
- Maintains contact with major customers and prospects to close a sale, promote good will and/or to provide a basis for continued or future business. Provides feedback to management on competitive activities, pricing, product acceptance. Implements a target account program to insure the penetration of large potential accounts
- Provides liaison and serves as a coordinator between customers, prospects and the business to assure good communications and adequate information regarding proposed sales or a project in process.
Participates in final decision regarding acceptance or rejections of given selling situations considering the degree of potential technical and financial risk for the company
- Degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology (BSc or higher) and/or MBA
- 5+ years Industrial Sales of Specialty Chemicals or chemical process environment;
- Experience coordinating internal support assets (manufacturing, technology, supply chain, regulatory, customer service, quality) to satisfy customer needs
- Requires strong interpersonal, organizational, oral and written communication skills. Including: listening, writing, verbal, influencing, entrepreneurship, result oriented, negotiation, proven problem-solving abilities and strong business acumen
- Ability to communicate with all levels at customer and within the SBU
- Strong analytical ability needed to manage price, logistics and margin issues