Nouryon is currently seeking a Process/Project Engineer at its Axis, Alabama Chemical manufacturing facility. The site is a major producer of basic chemicals that are used in a broad range of applications. The site has been in continuous operation since 1953. The project engineer plays a vital part in the continued growth and improvement of the plant. The role allows for managing the full scope of small to medium sized projects from inception through start-up.
Develop and implement capital procedures and processes that provide for accurate capital budgeting and execution that meets plant needs. Projects ranging from $5K to $1M, with total annual spending in the $2.5M range
• Implement capital and expense projects including scope development, safety reviews, equipment specifications, quotation of equipment, bid package development-quoting for installations, field supervision of construction, cost control, commissioning, and project closure.
• Work with the Site Leadership Team to develop capital budgets and manage project spending to achieve targeted budget amounts while meeting plant needs.
• Supervise and direct outside engineering resources.
• Support maintenance reliability improvements and cost reduction efforts as requested.
• Provide technical expertise and support for on-going operations, maintenance, and process improvements.
• Ensure continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other tools.
• Work with production unit, providing technical expertise and assistance.
• BS Degree in Chemical Engineering
• 2-5 years of plant engineering experience in a manufacturing or technical environment.
• Demonstrated computer skills in MS Office and CAD
• SAP Experience
• Effective communications skills and ability to work with all layers of the organization.
• Project Management experience, including contractor management