Nouryon - has an outstanding opportunity for a Production Engineer in Morris, Illinois.
This person will primarily be doing work related to process operation and troubleshooting, continuous improvement and optimization as well as working closely with the operators, conducting training and project engineers to develop growth opportunities and streamline current processes.
• Allocates, analyzes, and evaluates production loss data and generates specific reports that identify production performance improvement opportunities
• Tracks OEE for unit and assists in developing opportunities to improve unit operations.
• Identifies and communicates operating unit goals and plans with respect to health, safety, and environmental concerns, unit operations, and technical opportunities
• Provides technical expertise in the daily operations of the site and serves as an advisor for shift supervisors on process and production issues
• Assists Operations in resolving gaps between production and the operations plan
• Engages supervisors and operators in troubleshooting root cause and implementing solutions for day to day operations.
• Provides PSM support for the site and participates in MOC and PHA processes including closure of action items and providing technical training to operations
• B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering required
• 2+ years of post-college, chemical manufacturing experience
• Should be able to point to something in your background that indicates leadership or management experience. That could be in a previous industry role, or in college.
• Should have worked in a PSM-regulated facility
• Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal