The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature-controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides. The Operations/Production Manager is responsible for all manufacturing at the site and coordinates across all department lines at the site as well as with the business managers in Chicago.
1. Understand and operate the equipment or processes in area of assignment.
2. Know mechanical operation of piping and equipment in assigned area.
3. Working knowledge of plant processes in area of assignment, SPC, Chemistry, business considerations, etc.
4. Assist in development of job analysis for area of responsibility and also training of others in area of assignment.
5. Understand diagrams, equipment, process description, process control, problem solving of area, job analysis, etc.
6. Basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment.
7. Handle all hazardous waste in accordance with all state, federal and local laws and regulations.
8. Understands and operates control system and instrumentation in area of assignment.
Health, Safety, Security and Environment Specific Responsibilities
1. Understand and help implement the Pasadena Functional Chemicals Site Operating Policy and Objectives which includes MTQ and ISO/RC 14001.
2. Be aware of potential environmental impacts in your area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
3. Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the actions required should an issue occur
4. Understand and implement any parts of the Pasadena Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to your area of responsibility.
5. Participate in the site's on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
• High School Degree or GED
• 3-5 years plant process experience, process operator certification helpful but not required.
• Without experience (2yrs Associate degree of Technology) this can be waived in lieu of experience
• Able to climb stairs and ladders
• Must be able to lift at least 55 lbs
• Must be able to wear respirator, rubber gloves, steel toed boots, safety glasses and hard hat
• Must be a member of the Emergency Response Team
• On the board: must be able to see colors (labels are color coded) and hear (audio alarms)
• Able to read and write to document what they are doing and read the procedures which are in English.
• Have certain amount of finger dexterity to type and also be able to run the DCS (control board)