Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
This position is responsible for ensuring timely, efficient, and in-spec production of organometallic compounds to meet customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct production functions to meet production requirements while directing personnel for safe manufacturing of organometallic compounds.
• Coordinate with maintenance to resolve mechanical difficulties and equipment breakdowns.
• Coordinate with the QC lab regarding out-of-spec product.
• Coordinate with Finishing regarding storage of product.
• Perform duties on the site’s Emergency Response Team.
• Facilitate Annual Quality Plan and related total quality management activities of the production department.
• Maintain effective administration of SAP through timely entries and daily review of (COGI).
• Close production orders and ensure accurate inventory control for product and raw materials.
• Other duties and assignments as directed by manager.
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
• Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees.
• Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
• Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
• Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process
Quality Specific Responsibilities
• Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
• Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
• Be familiar with sitewide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
• Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
• 3+ years production experience, operating procedures and chemical reactions
• HSE&S experience will be considered a plus
• Good SAP skills
• Expectation to balance work schedules with other Supervisors to accommodate overall plant goals
• Strong communication and listening skills
• Ability to influence decision-making
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven problem solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team