• Job is member of the Global Business Planning team that is responsible for Demand planning of the PF.
• The objective of Business Planning organization is to assure on time in full supply to customers against lowest cost within operating working capital guidelines.
• The job is dedicated to the Business Planning management organization and controls the forecasting process within PF with responsibility both regional and global. It is essential that the role works collaboratively with both the sales and the marketing functions. Customers of the forecast process are the supply process and production planning globally.
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
• Demand Forecast:
- Analyse and manage the Arkieva forecast and compare with historical sales history - Time period of relevance is 1 month to 24 month future horizon
- Fundamental work product is a 24 month forward look at the regional/global demand at the material/Ship To Customers, aggregated as necessary. Working directly with Sales and Marketing teams to get an agreed upon unconstrained demand. After the Supply and MBR cycles having a clear understanding of constrained demand, unmet demand and impact which is communicated with sales and used as a continuous input in the cycle.
- Secondary work product is detailed, historical database of the 24-month forecasts for purposes of error analysis and corrective action
- Secondary work product is also a detailed demand history (actual) that can be aligned to forecast for comparison and context
- Monthly reporting of Demand Management scorecard.
• Forecast Segmentation:
- Realize forecast segmentation to identify materials applicable to Collaborative forecast and products that require market information. Re-evaluation at least annually to ensure correct forecast segment. Maintenance in both SAP and Arkieva.
• Statistical Forecast Models:
- Determine the statistical model that fits best to the particular demand scenario. Assures that new product/plant combinations are assigned the relevant statistical model.
• SAP master data:
- Maintenance of SAP master data (re-alignments) relevant for the forecast process.
- Power User Arkieva:
- Acts as a project leader or participant in demand management projects with a minor (financial) impact. Focus in these projects is on SAP changes. Scope includes the management of external expertise.
- Creates material for training of users of Arkieva. Carries out training of relevant personnel to support continuous improvement (Planners, Sales Managers, and Customer Service etc.)
• S&OP/IBP Meetings
- Leads monthly Demand Meetings with Market segments
- Attend the Product Management element of IBP Process
- Provide regional input into Global meetings for relevant segments
• Stock targets
- Provide relevant demand input into calculation of stock targets – demand variability, forecast accuracy etc.
• Improvement Suggestions:
- Propose tools and structures for the improvement of the demand planning function and, after consultation the Regional Supply Chain Manager, implements these structures.
- Manage specific Supply Chain projects to meet budget requirements, project timelines, goals, business objectives etc.
Requirements for Job:
• Professional degree in engineering, science, business or supply chain management.
• Preferred at least 3 years’ experience in Supply Chain/Demand Management function or equivalent Supply Chain degree
• APICS CPIM Certification or course work towards certification an advantage
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal language skills (English mandatory, Other Languages advantage depending on the region)
• Ability to work in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
• Knowledge of market developments and products an advantage
• Deep knowledge of relevant SAP/Arkieva/Forecasting modules
• Strong analytical skills
• Advanced user in Excel mandatory, Access an advantage