Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
· Service existing accounts/distributors
· Grow business at existing accounts
· Review, manage and improve pricing levels within guidelines set out by commercial
management. Apply tier service level charges where applicable.
· Negotiation of contract agreements and settlements of claims
· Responsible for payment collection at customers
· Develop new accounts
· Exercise technical selling to the fullest by visiting technical employees at accounts
(manufacturing managers etc.). Development of own technical knowledge of product lines
and product application is a key success factor in this respect.
· Develop business relationship at various levels and disciplines within your customer’s
· Provide market intelligence feedback to commercial management on
· Market environment
· Potential new projects
· Manage relations with/service by internal departments to ensure customer satisfaction
· Ownership of customer complaint (OFI) resolution.
· Establish an annual sales plan for the assigned business scope within the overall strategy
set out by commercial management. Such sales plan should aim to protect existing business
as well as developing new business
· Timely reporting of all customer calls using pre-defined templates.
· Provide monthly reliable sales forecast to ensure proper product availability planning.
· Cost control for assigned travel & entertainment cost
· Participate in regular margin management review meetings with commercial management
· Meet Annual Sales Budget (Volume, Revenue, Contribution Margin) defined by commercial management
· Days of sales outstanding should be within the annual target
· Overdue receivables should not exceed targeted goal of total receivable amount
· Sales forecast should be accurate
· Control Travel & Entertainment cost within annual budget
· Meet agreed number of call reports per year.
· Achieve market share targets for all product lines
· Complete market survey and reports before the agreed time
· Manage the distributors in your territory to achieve targeted sales goals
· Liaison with specific service departments: market intelligence, supply chain, customer service desk,
Has completed an (academic) education, preferably chemistry or chemical engineering.
· 3-10 years of sales experience or technical service to customers in a business to business environment.
· Knowledge of the composites (unsaturated polyester resins) and elastomers (crosslinking of elastomers
and polymers) markets is a strong plus.
· Experience with working with distributors is a plus
· Has an excellent skill in English. Other languages like French or Spanish are a plus.
· Should have talent and ambition to work in a technical sales environment.
· Open minded for cultural diversity and willing to travel extensively (50+%, mainly in the US and Canada).
· Excellent commercial skills to establish good relationships within targeted customer organizations.
· Strong computer skills with ability to use spreadsheets, databases, ERP and CRM systems, presentation
and word processing software marketing communication, accounting/credit control, regulatory affairs, RDI.