The Pasadena site manufactures organic peroxides which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxide products are hazardous, mainly due to temperature controlled transportation and handling. The Pasadena site also manufactures thermoset and crosslinking peroxides, as well as toll produces optical monomers.
Key Objective of Position: Provide management direction and support in overseeing the Health, Safety and Security of all employees with Polymer Chemicals, Pasadena, coordinating Responsible Care© activities and interfacing with community.
• Responsible for ensuring inspections of plant facilities for unsafe acts, as well as fire protection equipment, first-aid equipment and overall housekeeping are conducted in a timely manner.
• Coordinates site health, safety and security training activities and conducts training as needed.
• Communicates and coordinates with local, state and federal agencies relating to laws and regulations affecting safety, health and the community.
• Conducts or consults on investigations related to fires, accidents and near misses, and approves corrective actions.
• Participates in the Channel Industry Mutual Aid group and the Texas Chemical Council.
• Management Representative for RC 14001, Health, Safety and Security. Manages all appropriate Responsible Care© activities.
• Consults with managers and employees on the safest way to perform a job.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY, and ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HS&S goals and objectives.
2. Support and participate in on-going HS&S improvement activities and committees including VPP and BBS (Swagger).
3. Be aware of potential health, safety, and security impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
4. Understand and implement any parts of the Battleground Environmental Compliance Plan and Waste Management Plan that apply to area of responsibility.
5. Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
QUALITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
2. Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
3. Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
4. Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
•Working knowledge of plant processes. Specifics can be learned.
•Able to work in chemical plant environment
• Minimum prior experience for satisfactory performance – 6 to 8 years. Prefer 2-3 years of previous supervisory experience.
• B.S. in technical field, Occupational, Health, and Safety, or equivalent experience
• Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, hard hat and safety glasses and be in the plant on a daily basis.
• Must be able to climb stairs and ladders in the units for the purposes of conducting inspections and reviewing permits.
• May require individual to comply with Nouryon RBPS 12 Corporate CFATS Personnel Surety Compliance Policy for Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards.