We are hiring!
We are expanding our team and growing our energy and green hydrogen portfolio and we are now looking for a Portfolio optimization Manager Energy.
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, and collaboration? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work?
Our employees have ideas on how to build a sustainable future and the drive and passion to realize them. They believe that building long-term relationships and integrity are keys to success.
Nouryon is a global specialty chemicals leader and markets worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacturing of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. We have about 10,000 employees and operate in over 80 countries around the world. In our nearly 400-year history, we built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term partnerships, and earned a place among the best performing companies in our industry in terms of safety, sustainability, and reliability.
Within Nouryon IC, the Energy & New Business team is responsible for managing the business’ energy and utilities portfolio, while at the same time building a new business in green hydrogen and circular carbon. The Commercial Team (CT) is responsible for managing the energy & utilities contracts and exposures, covering products like natural gas, electricity and emission allowances. Hedging is used to reduce risk and to optimize our own production as energy market prices fluctuate. The size of the portfolio within Industrial Chemicals is several TWhs in power, several hundred tons of steam per hour, the purchase volume is about 0.3 billion EUR per year.
The mission of the team is to deliver cost effective energy, utilities and green hydrogen to Nouryon IC and its customers, creating sustainable business value now and in the future.
We have recently decided to start up our ‘mothballed’ gas fired power plant called Delesto 2 (D2). Planned to be in operation Q4 2020. D2 will be able to deliver 350MW electricity to the grid. Adding another 350MW to our portfolio while building our green hydrogen business, we are looking to optimize our portfolio on Business unit level overseeing and weighing our energy exposures, hedged positions, flex potential and commercial opportunities.
In order to take this challenge, we are looking for a:
Portfolio Optimization Manager Energy
Amersfoort; flexible to work on Nouryon sites (Delfzijl / Rotterdam)
- Make and execute optimization strategy for current energy portfolio and exposures, considering our own flex capacity (NL) and green hydrogen projects (electrolysers);
- Optimize and execute hedging policy “D2”, check and be sparring partner of service party/market access party (Engie);
- Perform energy market analysis/intelligence for the short and long-term including preparation and reporting energy outlook and execute hedges for power, gas and carbon for D2;
- Analyzing implications and consequences of (potential) changes in regulatory frameworks.
- Master’s degree preferably in an economical and/ or technical background;
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience in a commercial/trading role related to the energy industry;
- Profound understanding of the energy markets and the underlying dynamics from a commercial, technical and regulatory point of view;
- Ability to direct interdisciplinary and cross- & multifunctional working relations within a complex and dynamic setting;
- Solid commercial, advisory and analytical skills;
- Connector and initiator;
- Affinity with sustainability, with the acceptance of the strong economic focus;
- Intellectual power, personal effectivity, flexibility, and entrepreneurship;
- Excellent verbal and written language skills in both Dutch and English;
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
More information or application?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page. Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org or via + 31 (0)6 51706499.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.