The Lab Supervisor is responsible for managing the lab, including quality control, environmental testing, equipment maintenance and calibrations, and any project undertaken by the LeMoyne Laboratory.
- Supervise the day to day operation of the QA/QC lab of the LeMoyne chemicals manufacturing site
- Fill in for Lab Technicians or Assistant Chemist as needed and run analyses on samples (up to 50% of time)
- Cost control of LeMoyne Lab expenditures; develop and realize cost saving initiatives
- Schedule and execute equipment maintenance and calibrations
- Initiate and manage continuous improvement projects to improve effectiveness and efficiency of the lab
- Direct the Assistant Chemist in the maintenance of the site IH Monitoring and SDS programs
- Direct and maintain environmental monitoring and waste control for the Lab
- Maintain the training and performance evaluations of Lab personnel
- Act as Site Chemist
- Participate as a site ISO internal auditor
- Education: B.S. Chemistry or related field OR comparable work experience.
- Experience: 1-2 years of quality service QA/QC or R&D (M.S. may substitute for some experience)
- Training: Leadership/Team Building, SAP-QM, MS Excel, statistics
- Performance skills: Communication, teamwork, organizational/planning, analytical expertise, innovative thinking, productivity, and self-development
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma methodologies is preferred