To deliver sales according to sales and volume targets, provide accurate sales forecasts and identify business growth opportunities for your product porfolio.
- Deliver volume and profitability for all assigned accounts in line with strategy/budget
- Deliver on the short- and long-term business objectives
- Provide accurate sales forecasts
- Identify, evaluate and pursue business growth opportunities
- Direct contact with customers, representing Nouryon in a professional manner
- Provide market information – trends and conditions to business colleagues
Detail responsibilities include:
• Close deals with accounts in responsibility area after negotiation on price, payment terms and other commercial conditions
• Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders at the customer and create connections with the customer organization
• Keep an overall perspective of the customer’s interfaces with Nouryon
• Be the lead contract negotiator on commercial terms
• Achieve annual sales results and business growth versus an annual plan from the established customer base in line with business strategy
• Define opportunities for new business as part of detailed account planning and sales forecasting
• Realize desk sales by making and following up on quotations for spot business
• Build competitive position in the assigned markets
• Share market knowledge and contribute to the development of Business Intelligence and Business Strategy.
• Monitor and control Accounts Receivables to reduce OWC in line with agreed targets
• Monitor payment behavior. In consultation with credit control, select customers for dunning and contact customers about payments.
• Monitor the handling of complaints from customers in the assigned region
• Provide insights regarding quantitative and qualitative developments by periodical and / or ad hoc reports using the systems and tools agreed (10-10-5-5, CRM, Arkieva, etc).
• Give operational direction to customer service, supply chain management, credit control and technical services concerning customers within the assigned region
• Extend technical support to customers and encourage Health, Safety & Sustainability initiatives at customers’ sites by active liaison with the Technical Service department
- BSc Degree in preferably in chemistry, chemical engineering or technical environment.
- 3-5 years of commercial working experience in a B2B industrial Marketing and Sales environment, experience in pharma industry is valued
- Experience in Chinese business culture
- Highly effective negotiation and communication skills
- Strong business acumen, customer focus, networking and interpersonal skills.
- Collaborative cross-functional team player and a self-starter.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong drive for results and capacity to take initiatives.
- Proficiency in Chinese and English, verbally and written.
- Enthusiasm for travel >50% the time.
- Good MS office skills, enthusiastically using digital tools