The applicable sites manufacture and distribute Organic Peroxides and Metal Alkyls which are sold to major manufacturers of thermoplastic resins such as PVC, LDPE, polypropylene, EPS and acrylic resins. Organic Peroxides and Metal Alkyls are highly hazardous in nature.
The primary purpose of this position is to assure site compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal environmental regulations, for the Battleground, Pasadena, and Burt sites. This role establishes programs to meet current and future compliance requirements. Maintains and carries out duties associated with ISO, Responsible Care© 14001 and Nouryon requirements. Consults with plant operations and maintenance personnel to maintain compliance with environmental regulations. Manages permit applications and permit maintenance. Permitting is conducted using third party support which is managed by this role.
1. Manages site’s environmental programs. Assures existing and future air regulatory compliance requirements including the preparation of the appropriate federal and state air construction and operating permit approvals.
2. Assures existing and future wastewater regulatory compliance requirements including the preparation of the appropriate waste water discharge permit applications and reports.
3. Manages the collection, labeling, storing, and disposal of all hazardous and non- hazardous solid waste streams.
4. Manages the day-to-day operation/compliance of the wastewater and discharge along with Stormwater Outfall / SPCC plans and coordinates the resolution of non-compliant operations.
5. Advises and consults with site personnel on the appropriate handling of environmental issues. Ensures all site MOC approvals to meet Environmental Compliance requirements and changes are approved.
6. Coordinates all CERCLA, TCEQ, LEPC, HCPCD, and GCWDA Emergency
Release Notifications and is the primary point of contact for Environmental Regulatory Agencies during site inspections and audits.
7. Manages submittal of various company and regulatory report including Emissions Inventories, Toxic Release Inventories, Annual Waste Summaries, Tier II Hazardous, Quarterly Drinking Water Quality Reports, Discharge Reports, and others.
8. Manages the existing fugitive monitoring program including the coordination of quarterly monitoring and any follow-up repairs. Organizes and maintains all associated fugitive monitoring records.
HEALTH, SAFETY, SECURITY & ENVIRONMENTAL SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Operating Policy, and HSSE goals and objectives.
2. Support and participate in on-going HSSE improvement activities and committees including VPP and BBS (Swagger).
3. Be aware of potential health, safety, security and environmental impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
4. Understand and implement management systems.
5. Participate in the site’s on-going Pollution Prevention Process.
QUALITY SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Understand and help implement the site’s Quality Policy, Quality goals and objectives, and the Quality Improvement Process (MTQ).
2. Be fully aware of your specific quality assurance responsibilities.
3. Be familiar with site wide document control, internal quality audits, corrective action, non-conforming product and record keeping procedures.
4. Be sure employees under supervision, if applicable, are aware of and are adequately trained in quality procedures.
• B.S. Environmental-related, or related Engineering/Sciences
• Experience: 7+ years industrial plant environmental with additional management/leadership
• Demonstrated knowledge of US and state environmental laws and regulations
• Must be able to read, write and communicate in English
• Must be able to wear FRCs, steel toed boots, hard hat and safety glasses and be able to go into a plant environment
• Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interact with employees at all levels of the organization (operators to senior managers) as well as maintain relationships with external government agencies.