We are growing our energy and green hydrogen portfolio and we are now looking for a Commercial Manager Energy & New Business.
Are you passionate about sustainability, innovation, safety, collaboration and managing a team of top-class professionals? Do you want to grow together with a company that is forward-looking and continuously improving how they work?
Nouryon’s Industrial Chemicals business unit produces and markets high purity salt, chlorine, caustic lye, hydrogen, hydrochloric acid, chloromethanes and monochloroacetic acid. These products are essential to daily life and used in the manufacture of vehicles, glass, performance plastics, pharmaceuticals, feed and foodstuffs, textiles and disinfectants. IC has a global presence with plants and joint ventures in the Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Spain and China.
Energy & New Business is part of Industrial Chemicals (IC). The Commercial Team (CT) is responsible for managing the energy and utilities contracts, exposures and the energy portfolio of products like natural gas, electricity and emission allowances. Trading is used to reduce risk and to optimize our own production as energy market prices fluctuate. The size of the portfolio within Industrial Chemicals is several TWhs in power, several hundred tons of steam per hour, the purchase volume is about 0.3 billion EUR per year. Within IC, the Energy team is responsible for managing an energy portfolio. The Energy team is central to IC’s operations as we focus on sustainability and the need to reduce energy consumption within a complex market and regulatory environment.
The mission of the team is to deliver cost effective energy, utilities and green hydrogen to Nouryon IC and its customers, creating sustainable business value now and in the future.
The team does that by diversifying the energy portfolio, reducing carbon exposure, minimizing energy costs and exposures and creating sustainable business.
In this role you will be part of the Management Team ‘Energy & New Business’, driving the broad strategic agenda and our Profit and Loss responsibility.
In order to take this challenge, we are looking for a:
Commercial Manager Energy & New Business
Homebase of the role is Amersfoort but limited traveling will be required
Your role is to initiate, lead, develop and drive commercial strategies to execution for both current businesses as well new business and to be the decisive factor in balancing the opportunities and liabilities that come with the field of energy utilities.
You are responsible for:
- The energy procurement portfolio;
- The energy utility portfolio (customers of our business);
- The development and execution of financial and commercial energy procurement and sales strategies;
- Define & execute the access toward the energy commodity markets;
- Initiating and driving commercial new business development projects;
- Key interaction and deals with senior executives at corporate level, across key businesses and in the external (political) environment;
- Steering the process of defining strategies at executive level towards developing effective tactics and actions at operational level;
- Actively work on teambuilding & development of energy talents;
- Perform performance management cycle & coach for results.
In other words, you function on the interfaces of:
- The IC businesses;
- Supply Chain;
- TSO’s like TenneT and GTS;
- Strategic political and societal stakeholders.
- Education: Academic
- Minimum 10 years working experience;
- In depth understanding of the energy markets and the underlying dynamics; from a commercial, technical and regulatory point of view;
- Ability to direct interdisciplinary and cross- & multifunctional working relations within a complex and dynamic setting;
- Visionary Team player, Connector and Initiator;
- Powerful professional presence and strong business acumen;
- Strong communication, presentational and management skills including a high level of written and spoken English;
- Intellectual power, personal strength, flexibility, and entrepreneurship.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org or via + 31 (0)6 51706499.
A pre-employment screening and assessment may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.