Purpose of the job:
The Manager MDM Operations is responsible for ensuring that the global team delivers the MDM services as agreed per budget, performance levels and customer expectations. Furthermore s/he will be leading the continuous improvement of the MDM processes.
· Managing global MDM Operations Team - 10+ direct reports
· Demonstrating a commitment to customer service; anticipate, meet and exceed expectations by solving problems quickly and effectively; making customer issues a priority.
· Planning of the activities and overall workload management
· Maintaining and explaining Service Level Agreements and report on Service Levels to the business
· Monitoring service levels by global team and driving continuous improvement
· Managing and improving quality of existing master data
· Working closely with different business functions
· Working closely with the MDM Center of Expertise
· Managing MDM Operations budget to meet objectives
· Managing complex master data requests for customers, vendors, materials and finance.
· Developing and leading initiatives to improve the MDM Operations processes
· Maintaining communication with the user community and business stakeholders to manage expectations and obtain first-hand knowledge on upcoming projects / changes
· Ensuring that the MDM Operations team complies to Nouryon and Internal MDM procedures.
· Providing back up support in processing daily workload
· All other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or above in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Economics, IT or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years overall experience with 2-3 years' experience in MDM related function
• Experience in implementation of MDM processes
• Experience in interfacing with business operational customers
• Excellent communication, leadership, team building and people management abilities
• Ability to understand change management and drive to resolution
• International mind-set – sensible for cultural differences
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Both internal and external industry knowledge strongly preferred
• Understanding of external factors influencing master data management such as competitors, regulatory requirements, best in class practices, etc.
• Ability to identify key areas of opportunity for improvement within MDM processes
• Able and willing to travel as needed
• English speaking + writing
• Service-minded background / behavior (quick responder)