Nouryon Specialty Chemicals is one of the world's leading producers of chemicals. Our product range includes cellulosics specialties, chelates, ethyleneamines, metal alkyls, micronutrients, organic peroxides, polysulfides, reusable powder polymers and sulfur derivatives. The Metaal Alkylen company (MAE) in Rotterdam Botlek produces aluminium alkylen and aluminium alkyl-halogen compounds: hazardous substances that can ignite or even explode in contact with oxygen and water. We produce six basic products, of which 500 products can be made with various mixtures, as raw materials for the pharmaceutical, plastics and rubber industries. For the MAE/Logistics department, we are now looking for a:
Regional Fleet Planner
Full time, Rotterdam, Botlek
- Manage the fleet in specific regional area for site and businesses within OMS. Responsible for optimizing fleet assets within OMS; supports the OMS regional strategy via fleet optimization. Responsible for creating the fleet demand forecast derived from the Customer/Product/Cylinder forecast and communicated with Global Fleet manager. Enables fleet tracking by customer by providing sales managers with fleet status and overdue data by account. Manages uniform work processes and use of SAP/GFM among supply chain colleagues involved in OMS.
- Participate in periodic IBP meetings and processes. Key user of GFM, get involved for GFMS module development. SAP master data maintenance for fleet management objects. Responsible for keep the SAP data clean and proper related to the Fleet SAP transaction (e.g. Return ICSTO’s GR updated, delete old ICSTO’s). Received list Rotterdam up to date. Improve the reliability of the current BW fleet reports.
- Fleet assignment to product/customer combinations; working with Account Managers, customer service, customers, site to ensure optimal turnaround of the cylinders - maximize contribution per container per year. Recommend allocation plan for cylinders when in short supply, based on Business guidelines (e.g. optimize GM).
- Optimize the return process, including optimization of bookings, minimization of delays, and cargo acceptance by carriers, together with responsible transport group staff. Minimize number of idle days either at the customer or the sites -- compare cylinder performance versus targets. Determine root cause of failure to meet targets at the episodic level.
- Lead development, communication, and implementation of business processes and practices across production sites and sales offices related to the fleet objects.
- Create and distribute KPIs for effective management of the fleet such as average turnaround per cylinder type :
- Turns versus target
- Container fleet demand forecast accuracy
- Cylinder availability failures rate by customer class
- Responsible for HSE&S affairs implementation related to logistics within OMS. Strictly follow the HSE policy and relevant regulation. Ensure a safe working environment for people involved with OMS import/export (including external partners).
- Replace the local shipper in Rotterdam during holiday
- Supervising the safe loading and unloading of tanks and check on the presence of documents and driver's ADR certification.
- Bachelor’s degree, engineering or supply chain planning background
- Returnable packaging knowledge a plus; know how to handle DG cargo transportation. A good knowledge of the chemical industry conditions would be a strong advantage.
- Strong detail orientation and analytical skills to create data bases and to analyze various internal data systems.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to interact globally and at various organizational levels.
- Computer proficiency to include Microsoft office products, knowledge of Excel in a must, addition; SAP/BW is desired.
- Ability to work in an international cross-cultural environment.
This is (y)our offer!
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world. Our employment package includes:
- Permanent contract with 2 months’ probation period;
- Attractive bonus scheme.
- Excellent pension plan.
More information or application?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Jeroen Sevenstern, Talent Resourcing Partner, email@example.com or via + 31 (0)6 51706499.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.