Are you searching for new exciting challenges, to be part of a highly energized and motivated global legal department, in a global environment within a growing company? This is your opportunity!
Nouryon is looking for a Commercial Legal Counsel to be part of the Legal Group at its headquarter in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
Nouryon provides a wide range of high quality and sustainable ingredients that are integral to numerous key industrial processes. Markets worldwide rely on Nouryon’s essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals and personal care items. Our Legal Group safeguards the strategic objectives of the company’s businesses and provides advice on legal issues in many dynamic markets and regions.
As Commercial Legal Counsel you will serve a critical role for Nouryon’s EMEA businesses. You will handle matters with significant opportunity and exposure to our company and interact with senior business leadership. You will focus on the businesses operating in- or outside of the Netherlands and Germany; you will work in an international environment where we expect you to give due consideration to the interests of Nouryon worldwide and as a whole.
As Commercial Legal Counsel, you will interact frequently with other legal expert colleagues (on M&A, environmental, IP and HR) and also support compliance-related challenges in concert with the Regional Compliance Officer, including antitrust, data privacy, corporate governance, internal investigations, export control and other regulatory matters.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a global organization and a large team of lawyers worldwide with much co-operation, interaction and knowledge-sharing; Nouryon’s legal department has over 50 legal professionals located in the Netherlands, Sweden, China, Brazil, Germany and the United States.
The legal team in the Netherlands consists of around 10 people, and we are looking for a legal generalist with knowledge of a broad range of topics, who is also an excellent business advisor with good economic understanding.
• Legal Master’s Degree.
• 5+ years’ relevant working experience at a major law firm or an in-house legal department.
• Extensive experience in drafting, reviewing and negotiating a wide range of commercial agreements. Knowledge of various legal topics such as corporate law, competition law, litigation, M&A and intellectual property law. Solid dispute resolution experience, solid command of antitrust principles.
• Self-motivated and highly effective, with the ability to work independently whilst still being a team player and safeguarding the strategic objectives from legal group perspective. A strong desire to continue to grow and professionally develop in numerous different legal areas.
• Business and action-oriented problem solver, with the ability to drive innovative solutions and strategies, and appropriately balance risk with the need for the business to take action.
• Outstanding legal reasoning and analysis and strategic thinking ability and strong negotiation skills.
• Excellent Dutch and English language skills, German language skills preferred.
What can Nouryon offer you?
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 46 vacation days and an attractive bonus scheme. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
This is a permanent position on a full-time basis, reporting to the Legal Director and Compliance Officer EMEA and based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
For additional information about the vacancy please contact Gemma Smits, +31 6 53 78 00 46. For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.