Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
Our ambitions are high, and to further increase our efficiency, we are building on our organization. With respect to this, our Regional Accounting Center Europe is conducting a program to centralize its activities in Arnhem, the Netherlands.
To supervise the team and implement new activities, we are looking for an RTR (Record to Report) Operations Supervisor.
RTR Operations Supervisor
In this role you will be responsible for supervision and coordination of the RTR Operations team serving Europe. You will have approximately 7 direct reports.
You are based in Arnhem, the Netherlands, and you will report to the RAC Manager Europe.
What Responsibilities can you expect as RTR Operations Supervisor
You will be monitoring the processes to safeguard reliable, timely and complete transactional accounting, as well as safeguard archiving and documenting work as required for effective accounting and internal control. Furthermore, you will identify improvements and initiate improvement projects
Key Accountabilities and activities
• Review of several balance sheet items within the RAC for the participating Legal Entities, assuring IFRS compliance and compliance with company accounting and reporting rules.
• Accountable for the process of accurate account reconciliations of ledger and (sub) ledgers
• Accountable for accounting documentation
• Based on the global instructions, implement new accounting guidelines or procedures
• Coordinate transactional accounting activities between the team members, ensuring a fair workflow during the month, and an effective split during month closing
• You are sparring partner for Supervisor RTR Specialists and able to solve accounting disputes.
• Develop people within the team and facilitate rotation/step-up within the RAC organization.
To safeguard the processes
• Initiate and lead further improvements of the organizational framework, procedures and work processes, in compliance with governance laws, IFRS and global directives
• Responsibility to ensure implementation of global Finance initiatives
• Manage performance of the team that meets established requirements of quality, quantity, completeness and timeliness
• Initiate the reshuffling of tasks between RAC team members where this is possible and would be more efficient than current set-up
• Responsible for efficiency projects
What will you bring?
• Higher education in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance (Bachelor/Master)
• At least 4 years of relevant experience in accounting
• People management skills
• Strong communication en stakeholder management skills
• You can work with deadlines and work pressure
• Good knowledge of accounting in ERP systems, preferably SAP
• Experienced in the daily work with Microsoft Office
• Fluent in Dutch and English both spoken and in writing
What does Nouryon offer you?
The job of Internal RTR Operations Supervisor is a permanent position on a full-time basis. The salary for this position is graded from €54000 to €82000.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm and to continue to grow to other positions. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 46 vacation days and an interesting bonus scheme.
Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
How to apply and additional information
For further information on the content of the job you can contact Herman Lovink; 06 50670487
For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Anne Marte van der Vossen, Recruiter; 06 31978686.
We look forward to your application! Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter with reference 1185.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.