Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
Our ambitions are high, and to further increase our efficiency, we are building on our organization. With respect to this, our Regional Accounting Center Europe is conducting a program to centralize its activities in Arnhem, the Netherlands. To expand our team we are looking for a Record to Report Accountant with analytical skills and a proactive attitude.
In this position you will play an active role in the accounting team in the end to end process of record to report serving Europe. You are based in Arnhem; the Netherlands and you will report to the RTR Operations Supervisor.
What Responsibilities can you expect as RTR Accountant
You will be responsible for the operational accounting activities and provide reliable, timely and complete transactional accounting, as well as archiving and documenting work as required for effective accounting and internal control and support in implementing improvements and global guidelines
Execute transactional accounting activities, which will include many to all of the following activities:
• Guide the automatic postings of journal entries and recurring entries
• Managing accounts receivable and managing differences which Credit Control is unable to match, and proposing the monthly provision for doubtful debts
• Performing intercompany accounting, including current account reconciliation accruals
• Involved in month closing activities, like performing depreciation run and month end revaluations
• Post and analyse the salary upload
• Accounting of rebates and commissions
• Processing of FX-hedging
Provide reliable, timely and complete transactional accounting:
• Responsibility for specific transactional accounting activities
• Manage own workload and priorities to ensure all activities are performed on time
• Follow up on reconciliation and clearing of suspense accounts
• Provide stakeholder reporting and Balance sheet reconciliations
• You are in contact with internal departments like controlling, reporting, other accounting teams, in-house bank, customer service desk and sales assistants
Support in implementing improvements and corporate guidelines:
• Actively support efficiency projects, e.g., by applying Lean Six Sigma improvement methodology
• Aim to learn from other team members, or teach others, to harmonize processes and improve overall performance
• Support further improvements of the organizational framework, procedures and work processes, in compliance with governance laws, IFRS and corporate directives
What will you bring?
• Practical level of education in Accounting
• At least 3 years of relevant experience in accounting transactions (payables, receivables or cash)
• Strong analytical skills
• Written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ‘hands-on’ mentality and a team player
• You are used to work with deadlines and pressure
• Good knowledge of accounting in ERP systems, preferably SAP
• Experienced in using Microsoft Office
• Fluent in Dutch and English both spoken and in writing
What does Nouryon offer you?
The job of Record to Report Accountant is a permanent position on a full-time basis. The salary for this position is graded from €38000 to €50000.
We offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm and to continue to grow to other positions. Our employment package comprises a competitive salary, 44 vacation days and a fixed end-year bonus representing a monthly income.
Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
How to apply and additional information
For further information on the content of the job you can contact Wim Wolsink; 06 51123884
For further information on the recruitment process, please contact Anne Marte van der Vossen, Recruiter; 06 31978686.
We look forward to your application! Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter with reference 1186.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.