Nouryon • Oulu, Finland
Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. Nouryon is an industry leader within specialty chemicals and we develop our products and processes with a sustainable future in mind. We are always looking for a smarter, safer and more sustainable way to invent, produce and transport our products. To be number one, we need to stay sharp and continuously improve every part of our business. If you share our passion for excellence and wants to lead one of our most valued production units, this might be the right opportunity for you.
We are looking for a Process Engineer to Oulu site. Your job will include process risk management, training and advising in daily operations as well as in projects. You will provide deep insight in efficiency of the operations and to identify improvements. You will report to Process & Quality Control Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Responsibility for various investment projects
• Responsible for risk analysis and improvements implemented according to our standards
• Lead the work in developing the factories in terms of capacity, efficiency and safety
• Responsible for identification and removal of problems affecting our plants efficiency
• Plan and hold trainings about subjects related to the process
• Responsibility for up-keep and updating of the plant DCS system
Master of Science in Process or Chemical Engineering
• Preferably +3 years of experience in relevant chemical industry
• Thorough expertise in process design, process simulation and optimization, calculation and risk analysis
• Experience of Root Cause Problem Solving(5-Why, Fishbone, etc.)
• Good knowledge of presentation technology and report writing in Finnish and English
• Familiarity with DCS systems(Valmet DNA in particular) and their programming
• Experience in risk analysis work, such as HazOp, LOPA, and What If is considered as an advantage
• Knowledge in Lean Manufacturing methodology and certification as a Lean Six Sigma project manager is a merit
To be successful in this role, you need to be driven by solving problems and seeking improvement and development, both on your own and with others. You have a good analytical ability and a proactive approach. You have a great focus on safety and the working environment.
Furthermore, we want you to be accurate, flexible and goal-focused and do not hesitate to make the contacts needed to drive assignments and projects forward. We work with high security thinking, you are an example in this and inspire colleagues. Since you will work both independently and in teams, collaboration ability is important and that you take the initiative for "Best practice" Of course you live up to and motivated by our values: lead the way, grow together and deliver our commitments.
We may fill the position through selection and interviews on an ongoing basis. We therefore welcome you to send your application as soon as possible.
For more information about the position, please contact Process & Quality Control Manager Herkko Kylli, M +35 840 667 12 36, E Herkko.Kylli@nouryon.com
For information on the recruitment process, contact HR Business Partner, M: +46 72 249 79 83, E firstname.lastname@example.org