Are you a Procurement professional looking for the next career step in a challenging environment?
Then we invite you to apply for the position of:
Category Buyer Logistics
In this role you will drive and support strategy, procurement excellence and spend-down for your categories Warehousing (Packed / Bulk) and Sea barge vessels in close cooperation with the Business, global category managers and other stakeholders.
You will successful when you know the business requirements and logistic strategy, be continuously innovative towards market developments and are able to implement improvements in the logistic set-up in both cost and service.
You spend approximately 20% of your time traveling and will be joining an International team of 7 Procurement Logistics professionals with each their own category’s and scope. This means it’s an individual contributor role and you will be reporting to the Regional Logistics Sourcing Leader EMEIA.
Even though you will be focusing on your own scope and categories we are looking for a team player too.
The role and its responsibilities:
• Your core task will be to develop and deploy The Logistics Strategy aligned with the Business lines requirements and strategy;
• By leading logistics tenders and strategic sourcing activities you will support commercial controls to fully leverage Nouryon power in the market and secure maximum benefit to the individual Business lines;
• You will contribute to modelling & simulation, footprint development, logistics mode selection to ensure cross Business lines synergies and benefits are captured;
• At all times you maintain a continuous approach to learning and market intelligence in order to keep up with the best source of supply, benchmarking, and market trends.
To apply for this position, you should match below profile:
• Business or engineering degree at bachelor/university level
• At least 5 years relevant work experience in logistics/supply chain activities; knowledge of our industry or mentioned categories is off course considered to be an advantage
• Strong background in logistics operations and HSE requirements (warehousing and transportation)
• Strong analytical & interpersonal skills and ability to influence and guide others
• Experience with lean management methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma
• Powerful interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, including a strong Microsoft Office capability and fluent written and spoken English.
This is (y)our offer!
If you share our values and ambitions, we offer a fascinating international environment that rewards your skills and enthusiasm. Training opportunities and internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers, shareholders and employees, all over the world.
Additional information and applications:
For further information, please contact Femke Haverkate, Talent Resourcing Partner, +31 6 25194221.
We look forward to your application!
Please apply via our online recruitment system with an uploaded job specific resume and cover letter in English.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.