We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: Houston, TX
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The primary function of this position is the preparation, staging and loading of packaged materials for timely shipment to fulfil customer orders from the Houston plant. This also includes unloading inbound packaged materials and properly completing all required paperwork and labelling for compliance with federal and state regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITILIES
• Ensure the safety and health of all of our employees, contractors, visitors and community members as well as being environmentally responsible.
• Operate in a safe and environmentally friendly fashion, in accordance with the schedule, standard operating procedures and Manager’s instructions.
• Pulling, staging, preparing and cleaning packaged materials for shipment to meet customer order requirements.
• Banding and capping drums as required by customer specifications.
• Properly labelling packages prior to shipment (placards. NFPA, customer ship-to labels, etc…).
• Transferring materials from damaged containers into new packaging for shipments.
• Properly documenting change of location movements and transfers for entry into SAP in a timely manner.
• Assist Rail Utility operator with interplant railcar movement responsibilities as required.
• Perform cycle counts on packaged materials as determined by the Package Manager.
• Perform housekeeping tasks within the areas of responsibility.
• Assist in other activities as deemed necessary by the Package Manager.
• High school graduate or equivalent with 1-3 years experience in the chemical industry.
• DOT training, RCRA, forklift and yard mule training is required as well as an understanding of placards, markings, etc.
• Working knowledge of SAP material movements is a plus