Nouryon is a company with a long heritage and extensive expertise in specialty chemicals. Customers worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
The Nouryon Industrial Chemicals business is covering a coherent product portfolio derived from the salt and chlorine chain. The Business Industrial Chemicals strives for fully autonomous plants, based on new production processes with reduced asset intensity, increased resource efficiency (materials and energy) and a product portfolio that is more and more based on circular and renewable resources (materials and energy). We also aim to increase sales from our current products by identifying new applications.
The Nouryon Industrial Chemicals Business has a strong footprint in in North-Western Europe and has operations as well in China, India and the US. The R&D center is in the Netherlands
Many of our projects are related to innovative solutions supporting the energy and sustainable material transition. This includes a strong activity on digitization as enabler. Support mechanisms from regional, national and European governments are an important enabler for this transition. The Nouryon Industrial Chemicals business is looking for a Subsidy manager with a focus on the Netherlands and Germany to support the development of the support mechanisms, to identify eligible support mechanisms for our projects and to ensure acquiring of grants.
- The Subsidy Manager will be responsible for:
- establishing the grants & (tax)incentives policy, strategy and objectives
- Proactively managing relationships with key stakeholders (RVO, EZK and similar organizations in Germany)
- participation in (inter)national committees evaluating and advising on support mechanisms
- proactively and on request seeking, identifying and advising regarding new grant and (tax)incentive opportunities for R&D, technology and Supply Chain projects
- advising and supporting project leaders in acquisition of grants
- selecting (with procurement) and managing external resources in case of large grant proposals
- leading the claim and collection process for existing and new opportunities, ensuring compliance with the applicable regulations
- optimizing and automating processes related to grants and incentives
For a successful role as subsidy manager you have
- relevant work experience in identifying subsidy opportunities and submitting subsidy claims both in a national (NL) and international environment (D & EU) ;
- good knowledge of and experience with the Dutch support schemes like WBSO and Innovation box, as well as Dutch energy grants e.g. DEI+, SDE+, SDE++, EIA, MIA/VAMIL and others;
- good knowledge of and experience with EU subsidies e.g. Horizon 2020/Horizon Europe (FCH2 JU), Life, Fast Track to Innovation and others;
- proactive and business like mindset;
- good communication skills verbally and in writing;
- experience with working with Universities, startup/scaleup companies, corporate organisations and governments;
- ablity to travel on an (ir)regular basis to e.g. The Hague, Brussels, Berlin.
Enthousiastic about our role?
To successfully execute the role, you further bring along:
- University degree;
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Experience with Excel;
- Excellent communication skills and a strong personality;
- Fluent business English is required. Knowledge of German and/or Dutch language is preferred.
More information or application?
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page.
Do you have any questions? Please feel free to reach out to Dennis Gerlings, Talent Resourcing Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
A pre-employment screening will form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.