We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: Axis, Alabama
Lead the Reliability strategy and improvement program to support the site. The position is the primary driver of all reliability improvements for the site.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in all plant safety processes and compliance with Life Saving Rules.
• Provide equipment reliability input for Process Hazard Reviews and other HSES studies as needed.
• Develop, Oversee, and Implement the reliability strategy and plan for the site.
• Track and report key performance indicators from the reliability program.
• Drive reliability performance using the most appropriate and effective tools and techniques.
• Manage / Drive PM/PdM programs, historical trends, and KPI data for early identification and resolution of reliability issues. Communicate PM/PdM scope changes to the Planner/Scheduler for inclusion in SAP.
• Continuously improve Maintenance efficiency and costs through improved equipment reliability by monitoring performance and addressing failures and trending bad actors.
• Develop and implement risk management strategies to include predictive and preventive maintenance systems (vibration analysis, lubrication oil analysis, motor circuit evaluation, corrosion monitoring, thermography, equipment laser alignment, steam trap monitoring, etc.).
• Develop Maintenance procedures to improve equipment reliability/efficiency and minimize repair cost.
• Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability including emergency work reviews.
• Lead and coach others in Root Cause Analysis problem solving efforts, including leading the bi-weekly maintenance Root Cause Problem Solving session.
• Lead disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts.
• Lead the monthly review of equipment “bad actors” creating action plans for increasing reliability, and monitoring performance vs. expected results of the changes from the action plans.
• Work with Maintenance Supervisor on follow-up from completed work packages.
• Identify and promote skills training for departmental personnel to support the reliability strategy.
• Participate in all incident investigations as required and report all incidents within the plant’s required time frame.
• Support and lead other Engineering Projects as assigned and those resulting from reliability improvements.
• Provide reliability input to Engineering group for equipment design, specification and purchase.
• Develop and implement departmental procedures that either need to be improved to further support reliability program or need to be created.
• Other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree - Mechanical Engineering(Preferred), Electrical or Chemical Engineering
• Minimum 3 years of experience desired in reliability discipline.
• Proficient in MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proficient in performing Root Cause and Problem Solving.
• Proficient in analyzing data and trends.
• Experienced at developing Predictive Maintenance program.
• Must be able to manage time effectively.
• Experience with SAP Plant Maintenance Preferred.
• Six Sigma experience desired – (Green Belt or Black Belt preferred)