Internship Corporate Communications
• Full time – minimum 32 hours
• Netherlands, North Holland, Amsterdam
We are Nouryon
We are a global specialty chemicals leader. We produce essential chemicals and are experts in highly demanding chemistry.
Over the course of our nearly 400 years of existence, we have built up a wealth of expertise, forged long-term customer partnerships, and earned a place among the leading companies in our industry in terms of financial performance, safety, sustainability, and reliability.
Our products play an essential role in everyday life for people around the globe. We supply industries worldwide with essential chemicals for the manufacture of products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items.
• Almost 400 years of experience in the chemicals industry
• Operating in over 80 countries
• €5.0 billion in revenues
• About 10,000 employees worldwide
Tasks and Responsibilities
• You will support the global Corporate Communications team with a wide range of communications activities for internal and external communications, including: Social media support for content (copy, visuals, community management)
• Following media and social trends and developments, advising on optimization
• Contributing to social media approach/planning
• Support media relations activities (organizing media events, drafting media releases, website support, managing media inbox)
• Copywriting for web texts, feature stories, press releases, news articles
• Analyzing online results to create reports and coverage overviews (general, daily and weekly focused) to measure our communicatons
• Support internal communications with writing and editing compelling stories
• Publish articles via digital distribution channels including the intranet and e-mail
• Looking for opportunities and ways to tell and visualize (digital) Nouryon stories in general
An enthusiastic HBO or WO student who has a proactive attitude, that’s you!
• Advanced English language skills
• Student in communications, new/digital media, journalism or similar
• Hands-on mentality
• Curious personality
• Out-of-the-box thinking
• Photography and filming skills are a plus
• Basic photoshop and video editing skills are a plus
• Proactive attitude and comfortable with working with deadlines
• Interested in digital trends and the ability to translate these into (social) media opportunities
Please note for this application, your cv and application have to be in English.
What are we offering you?
An interesting opportunity to learn about corporate communications in a dynamic and global company, with a team of communications professionals to coach you. A monthly internship compensation with a minimum of 450 euros, depending on your level of education and year. The opportunity to be a full member of our Corporate Communications Team and the freedom to choose your own internship goals. This all from a central location in Amsterdam, which is easily accessible by train and public transport. The internship is fulltime, with a minimum duration of six months, starting in September 2020.
Apply or more information?
Would you like to receive more information? For questions regarding the process of applying please contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on 06 1105 1707.
We welcome your online application via our website. Please use the 'apply button on this page.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.