Are you an expert in biodegradation testing of industrial chemicals? Are you looking for a new challenge in an international team of highly skilled researchers? Then we are looking for you!
Fulltime, Deventer, the Netherlands
As Environmental Microbiologist, you will independently execute, analyze and interpret guideline tests and research regarding the environmental fate of Nouryon’s substances and products. You will actively contribute to building know-how in the expertise team towards developments in the field of environmental fate testing, where it concerns microbial processes and/or procedures. Furthermore, you:
• Are responsible for the daily operation of biodegradation tests.
• Advise on best strategies for biodegradation testing.
• Are responsible for maintenance of GLP items and procedures for the tasks appointed.
• Prepare GLP biodegradation study plans and test reports.
• Are responsible for the quality and timely reporting of the results.
• Monitor externally performed biodegradation testing.
• Interact with customer and regulatory framework.
Nouryon in Deventer
Our Deventer site consists of a knowledge center with over 200 highly qualified R&D employees. In addition, RD&I Deventer accommodates a number of independently operating research laboratories that are part of the Nouryon businesses as well as laboratories that are part of the Expert Capability Group (ECG) that provides support in analytical, material and environmental sciences to the businesses worldwide. The business RD&I teams and the ECG work as partners in the Business Innovation Teams, delivering expertise in particular fields of science and technology that are critical to the business innovation programs. Furthermore, the Complex Organics Plant – a small production unit producing highly complex chemicals – is situated in Deventer.
Part of Nouryon’s Expert Capability Group (ECG), the Environmental Chemistry laboratory is specialized in performing biodegradation tests according to international standard guidelines and under the Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) quality system. Our knowledge on environmental microbiology and microbial physiology ensures assessment of the biodegradability under optimal conditions. Results from biodegradation testing and research find use in substance profiling including classification and labelling, registrations, notifications, risk assessments and contribute to Safety Data Sheet (SDS) production.
Have you got what it takes?
To qualify for the role, you have at least a Bachelor’s - but preferably a Master’s diploma in Environmental Analysis, Microbiology or Biotechnology. You are seasoned in guideline testing (OECD, OPPTS, ISO etc.). Furthermore, you have at least 4 years of experience with biodegradation testing, environmental analytics and good laboratory practice (GLP). Next to this, you:
• Have affinity with regulatory requirements (e.g. detergents and REACH) as well as systems for registrations (IUCLID).
• Are able to advice our business on possibilities for commercial advantages: ‘freedom to sell’.
• Fully understand the Good Laboratory Practice principles and are GLP trained.
• Are a motivated, enthusiastic and positive team player, keen to learn and to participate in the challenges ahead.
• Are accurate, have a hands-on mentality, and an analytical-, result- and customer-oriented mind set.
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Are fluent in English (verbal and written) and in at least one major European language.
This is our offer
When you join us, you will be part of our fascinating and ambitious international environment with highly skilled and motivated colleagues. A company that develops, produces and sells products that are essential for everyday life. Where employees aim high, take ownership and do it right. Our employment package comprises:
• A permanent contract
• A competitive salary
• An attractive bonus scheme
• 46 vacation days
• An excellent pension plan
• The option to participate in a collective health insurance
• Training opportunities
Internal networks enable valuable personal and professional development. And through challenging projects with like-minded people, you will help us become first choice for our customers and employees, all over the world.
Are you eager to start your career at Nouryon as Environmental Microbiologist?
Then we are looking forward to receiving your online application via our website. Please use the ‘apply’ link on this page. Any questions? Then contact Rob Sanders, Recruiter, on +31 (0)6 1105 1707.
A pre-employment screening may form part of the selection process.
We have already chosen our sourcing channels for this recruitment and kindly ask not to be contacted by any advertisement agents, recruitment agencies or manning companies.