We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Nouryon Fort Worth site is a global supplier of sodium sulfonate surfactants used predominately in the agriculture, cleaning, and construction industries. The surfactants improve the wetting, dispersant, hydrotropic and anti-caking properties to enhance the efficiency of our customers’ products. The Fort Worth team manufacturers over 80 products, in powder and liquid form, that are recognized around the world for their excellent performance, quality and consistency.
The position reports to the Site Manager and is responsible for management of engineering and maintenance personnel. Primarily responsible for the safe and efficient execution of maintenance as well as the safe and efficient of the overall site CAPEX plan in alignment with business needs. Responsible for compliance to all engineering codes and standards as well as local, state, and federal building and equipment codes and standards. Responsible for maintaining the integrity of assets, maintaining site utilities, and management of contractors,
Responsible for plant engineering and maintenance systems such as preventive and demand maintenance, calibrations system for ISO 9001 and RC14001, and PSM Mechanical Integrity. Responsible for participating in behavioral based safety process and ensuring direct reports participate in the process as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Acts as a safety leader for the plants maintenance, engineering and production teams.
2. Responsible for the safe and efficient execution of plant maintenance in adherence to all company and regulatory codes and policies.
3. Promote good housekeeping standards in maintenance shop, maintenance storage area and job areas.
4. Monitoring and controlling maintenance expenses, operating working capital and overtime.
5. Administering programs such as preventive and demand maintenance, calibration system for ISO 9001, RC14001 and PSM Mechanical Integrity to meet business and regulatory requirements.
6. Responsible for HSES training of maintenance employees and adherence to appropriate codes and standards.
7. Responsible for the planning and execution of capital projects including design, AR submission, installation, and commissioning. Supervise Project Engineer in all aspects of project management, asset integrity, and plant maintenance.
8. Participate on project, operational, and/or cross-functional teams as required to support the business plan.
9. Responsible for the execution of the asset integrity program to ensure that equipment is safe to operate.
10. Participate in the operations safety committee to drive HSES initiatives.
11. Participate as needed in injury and incident investigations.
12. Owner of the sites Management of Change program, Process Hazard Analysis, and Pre-Startup Safety Review.
13. Responsible for maintaining all Process Safety Information including but not limited to P&IDs, equipment drawings, OEM manuals, etc.
14. Responsible for managing the SAP Plant Maintenance system for the Fort Worth site.
• B.S. Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum 5 years chemical manufacturing experience
• Minimum of 5 years maintenance experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of project engineering experience
• Supervisory experience is preferred
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
• Working knowledge of personal computer software packages
• DeltaV, Six Sigma, and/or 5S experience beneficial
• Ability to plan, communicate, and execute construction and maintenance projects
• Experience with Behavior Based Safety processes a plus.
• Ability to lead and work effectively in a team environment.
• Strong safety background