Nouryon has an outstanding opportunity for a Health & Safety Manager in Morris, IL.
Manage the safety and health on site to be compliant with all corporate standards and guidelines and federal and state regulations. Ensure compliance with all Responsible Care guidelines. Interact with all functional groups on and off site.
- Guide site management to develop and ensure implementation of safety and health policies, Safety Improvement Plan, and (best) practices in line with corporate objectives, procedures, guidelines, (business) plans and strategy, in order to ensure the realization of (strategic) objectives of the site.
- Manage plant’s Safety Management Systems that provide policies and procedures for employees.
- Own the site BBS program
- Along with site management, act as change agent for the safety culture and continuous improvement and role model for ensuring compliance with safety and security policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety Incident Management: Direct/drive investigations, root cause analyses, and corrective action plans.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI, or other safety compliance standards as applicable.
- Serves as a liaison for external and internal audits, inspections and agencies.
- Ensure that federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules are observed and adhered to including recordkeeping and reporting requirements.
- Review accident reports to identify patterns of injury and to determine whether unsafe conditions contributed to the accident; advise departments of trends in injuries and proper safety procedures that may result in reduction of injuries; provide departments with information that will aid in reducing accidents and improve safety.
- Interact with internal and external groups to integrate plant programs with other facilities and agencies and to put in place ‘best practices’
ENVIRONMENT, HEALTH, SAFETY AND SECURITY SPECIFIC
- Understands and helps implement the Site Safety Improvement Plan and related objectives.
- Aware of potential environmental, health, safety and security impacts in area of responsibility and the consequences if an upset occurs.
- Participates in the site’s HSE&S processes and training activities. Owns the safety and health related curricula and delivers safety performance critical topics training.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all state, federal, and local regulations and complies with Nouryon’s standards and directives
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- CSP, CHMM, or equivalent credentials preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of chemical plant operations.
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Able to explain and convince internal parties about chosen solutions based on content-driven arguments; has contact with internal and/or external parties about issues in own (functional) / relevant discipline(s).
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with governmental agencies (OSHA, etc) and plant personnel.
Knowledge or ability to learn rules and regulations relative to safety and health and translate them into plant policies/procedures.