We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LaPorte, TX (Battleground Site)
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
▪ Provide engineering and technical expertise in the operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and inspection of plant equipment
▪ Drive continuous improvement of reliability and continuous reduction of maintenance cost by systematic elimination of bad actors
▪ Ensure early identification and resolution of reliability issues through PM/PdM programs, analysis of historical trends and KPI data.
▪ Drive plant reliability improvements by organizing and facilitating weekly root cause problem solving workshops, updating asset strategies, and implementing technical improvements to equipment design and repair methods
▪ Review and analyze data from inspections for information on equipment reliability issues on request of maintenance engineers
▪ Provide troubleshooting support to operating units on equipment reliability including emergency work reviews
▪ Facilitate Root Cause Failure Analysis efforts for incidents triggered by documented procedures or at request of gate keeper or maintenance manager
▪ Facilitate disciplined and systematic equipment maintenance strategy development efforts; e.g by using criticality assessment and FMEA
▪ Actively participate in the capital projects process including providing reliability input to the Engineering Group for equipment design, specification and purchase
▪ Support Hazard Studies by providing reliability data of equipment and components
▪ Provide technical support and expert knowledge as required
▪ Actively support equipment improvement initiatives with technical knowledge
▪ Design and execute technical modifications
▪ Actively participate in the capital projects process including providing technical and maintainability input to the Engineering Group for equipment design, specification, purchase, and installation
▪ Actively participate in MOC processes
▪ Participate and adhere to all applicable government regulations regarding process safety and environmental compliance responsibilities for the site. Nouryon Battleground is an OSHA PSM covered site.
▪ Understand and assist with upkeep of process safety information as required by role.
▪ Maintain a strong understanding of process safety and PSM management including the OSHA 14 elements of process safety and Nouryon 21 building blocks.
▪ Four-year engineering degree from an accredited university, with BSME preferred.
▪ Minimum five years of experience in Maintenance/Reliability Engineering in the chemical or refining industry.
▪ Working knowledge of SAP Plant Maintenance Module.
▪ Project management experience with small replacement projects for reliability improvements a plus.
▪ Strong communication skills and problem-solving ability.
▪ Ability to work independently and as a team player.
▪ Knowledge of pumps, seals, gearboxes, agitators, and lubrication is necessary.