We are a global specialty chemicals leader. Industries worldwide rely on our essential chemistry in the manufacture of everyday products such as paper, plastics, building materials, food, pharmaceuticals, and personal care items. Building on our nearly 400-year history, the dedication of our 10,000 employees, and our shared commitment to business growth, strong financial performance, safety, sustainability, and innovation, we have established a world-class business and built strong partnerships with our customers. We operate in over 80 countries around the world and our portfolio of industry-leading brands includes Eka, Dissolvine, Trigonox, and Berol.
Location: LaPorte, TX
Battleground primarily produces metal alkyls, sold primarily as co-catalysts to major thermoplastic resins and rubber manufacturers (producers of polyethylene, polypropylene, and EPDM). The product line is complex with over 30 metal alkyl products (plus formulations) produced at Battleground. Products are extremely hazardous (pyrophoric, meaning they ignite on contact with air) and are highly reactive with water. The site also manufactures High Purity Metal Organics (HPMO) for the semi-conductor and LED industries.
Key Objective of Position: This position is responsible for operation of plant equipment in line with approved SH&E, quality, and production guidelines to meet customer expectations.
Understand and operate the equipment or processes in area of assignment.
Know mechanical operation of piping and equipment in assigned area.
Working knowledge of plant processes in area of assignment.
Assist in the development of SOPs and the training of others in area of assignment.
Understand diagrams, equipment, process description, process control, problem solving of area, SOPs, etc.
Basic maintenance skills including trouble shooting equipment and the permit systems. Make minor adjustments/repairs to the unit.
Handle all hazardous chemicals and waste in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
Understands and operates control system and instrumentation in area of assignment.
Perform duties on the site’s Emergency Response Team (fire brigade.
Participate in the development of the departmental continuous improvement projects and on project teams.
Other duties and assignments as directed by supervisor.
• Production experience
• Knowledge of operating procedures and chemical reactions
• Able to work in chemical plant environment
• Must be able to wear a respirator
• Must be able to walk up and down stairs and climb ladders
• Able to read, write and communicate in English
• Must be able to wear steel toed shoes & hard hat
• Must be able to grasp and understand procedures, etc.
• Must be mechanical minded and analytical
• Must be able to push/pull drum dollies – manhandle into position (wt approx 110 lbs)
• Wear silver suit approx 15 minutes at a time 3-4 times a day
• Work 12 hr shifts
• Mandatory ERT (handle fire hose wear bunker gear)
• Must be able to pass ERT physical