Our internship will provide students the opportunity to integrate classroom theory with practical work, and to develop a breadth of new skills. Successful interns will be highly sought after for future career opportunities at Nouryon and are the primary talent pipeline for the Engineering Development Program (EDP), which grooms early-career talent through a variety of manufacturing leadership roles across multiple sites & disciplines. The internship is approximately 3 months long.
Each internship will consist of responsibilities of a Process Engineer, CI/Project Engineer or Other (Supply Chain, Maintenance Engineer etc.)
Key Objectives/Principal Accountabilities
- Process Engineer: Assist site leadership with driving to completion any programs, projects and studies to improve safety and environmental performance, improve product quality, increase capacity, improve reliability, reduce cost, and optimize the overall plant performance.
- Work closely with the operations and reliability teams to provide technical and troubleshooting support.
- CI/Project Engineer: Support the site leadership in improvement project idea generation, project chartering, action planning and implementation by managing small to medium sized projects from inception through start-up.
- Support maintenance reliability improvements and cost reduction efforts as requested.
- Ensure continuous improvement utilizing Lean Six Sigma and other tools.
- Other (Supply Chain, Maintenance Engineer etc.): Work on special nonrecurring and ongoing special projects. Under general direction, act as project coordinator for special projects at the request of senior leadership.
Requirements for the Position
- Education: Chemical or Mechanical Engineer – Currently enrolled student – Sophomore or Junior status
- GPA- 3.0 or higher
- Able to work in chemical plant environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to speak and write clearly and effectively and to communicate across all levels of the organization is key.
- Strong work ethic and good organizational skills; the ability to meet deadlines, set priorities, and use time effectively to accomplish tasks. The ability to manage work from a variety of sources and respond in a timely way to all is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships and work productively with others in a team environment.
- Accomplished computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and other database experience